Dukan Quiche

sammianthalea

So I've been reading the recipes lately but I haven't found anyone post this before? Excuse me if they have.
I make this recipe for PP days with just protein and with veg for PV days so it's good at any stage.

Ingredients:
6 Eggs
200g FF Cream Cheese
1/2 Diced Onion
Salt and Pepper
1/2 tsp Mustard
Ham/bacon/tuna etc
Veg

1// Whisk the eggs, mustard and salt and pepper together in a bowl.
2// Add the onion, cream cheese and your protein and veg and mix it all together.
3// Pop the mixture into a pyrex dish and top with cheese with you'd like.
4// Cook in the oven at 200 degrees C for 30 minutes.

These are amazing to pop in the fridge and eat cold in wedges or slices.
Enjoy!

Looks delicious, Sam. I make mine in silicon cupcake moulds and then I've got lots of mini quiches to snack on!

Has anyone had success freezing this? Also - would cottage cheese work instead of FF cream cheese?

Haven't tried either, I'm afraid. But can't see why it wouldn't work!

I have tried it with cottage cheese. It works just fine with the recipe but personally I prefer a smoother texture which is why I normally go with cream cheese. If you use cottage cheese, you'll still get a great quiche though :)

I'm on a rhythm of 2 PP then 2 PV and I have to say that this recipe lasts me those two days perfectly so I haven't tried the freezing yet but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Definitely something to try out though.

Hi Sammi. Agree on the texture of the cottage vs cream cheese. I'm also doing 2 pp days in a row and find it makes the cooking much easier! Glad to know someone else is varying the routine :)

Well, it's in the oven ready for me to take half for lunch. I had a chance to pick up some cream cheese on the way home. I'm looking forward to it!

I'm a great fan of bulk cooking which is why I asked about the freezing: I'd rather put the oven on for four portions rather than two.

Agree Ang. And so much easier to stick to the plan when you have something ready to reheat!

Absolutely! It's always good to know you have something ready to go when you're hungry. It makes it so much easier to stick to the diet and not to cheat out of convenience.

Oh absolutely! I tried doing the 5/5 last time and it was a disaster. I was ready to eat through cartons to get to different food by the end of a PP week lol. And as long as there are even amounts of days, it's all good :)

Yeah extra light Philly is absolute good to go :)
I live in NZ so we use the Tararua cream cheese because it has the lowest fat content but any cream cheese that's less than 3% fat should be fine. Obviously the lower the better.

Back