Dukan to Slimming World

Hi, have any of you done the above. I've been on the Dukan diet for 9 weeks now and have lost 32lbs which I'm over the moon with but there is no treats allowed at all and I'm getting a bit fed up with it. Am wanting to change to SW but am scared that I'll put my weight back on even though I'll still be on a diet. Any advice??

Hi, have any of you done the above. I've been on the Dukan diet for 9 weeks now and have lost 32lbs which I'm over the moon with but there is no treats allowed at all and I'm getting a bit fed up with it. Am wanting to change to SW but am scared that I'll put my weight back on even though I'll still be on a diet. Any advice??

Hi ive not done the Dukan diet so i may not be the best person to reply, but id've thought with such a great weight loss as yours it would be unlikely you would put it all back on if you're still sensible and dont go overboard on the "treats" i suppose its the same with anything a bit in moderation?

Why dont you go along to a group with a friend or borrow their books to have a read and see what you think? In my opinion SW isn't a diet its a way of life and for me was a complete change of mindset of how i should be eating.

But again well done on such a great weight loss thats brilliant!! :):):):):)

jennyheppy said:

Are you familiar with the sw plan at all? You may be better suited to the red plan which is more meat/fish based and more similar to dukan. You are still allowed fruit, veg, somr carbs and you treats as well.

I agree with funky munky, have only read a little bit about it, but did think it was very similar to red days. Red days are more along the lines of what Dukan would class as the maintaining part of the plan.

Thank you so much for your replies. I did slimming world years ago when I lived at home and lost quite a bit of weight, now I've moved out I think it'll be a lot easier to maintain in the long run. Dukan has definitely changed me and I'll never eat processed food again, home cooking is much tastier! I go on holiday next week to Spain so think that's where I'll be putting some of the weight back on, but I'll be definitely starting SW on my return, I'm addicted (and maybe slightly obsessed) to losing weight now! Thanks again :)

Back