Dusting myself off

Positive?

Hello

It might seem a bit presumptuous to post a food diary before I've joined in anywhere else on the site, but the truth is I think I urgently need the accountability that putting my eating into a public realm will provide. I've been doing SW faithfully for five weeks now and have lost a total of 4lbs. Every week I'm seeing people who have lost more that week than I have in total and it's so disheartening. Also this week I had a gain which really was the last thing I needed. My group is huge and I wish I felt a little more supported than I do. The group is largely made up of people with much less weight to lose than me, and seemingly many more resources than me. I never felt like I was one of the biggest in society before, as I like to flatter myself that I carry my weight well and dress for my figure, but in this group of 'fat' people, I am probably the fattest.

I want so much to be rid of this fat suit I'm wearing, and I want to be a positive role model for my children, but I have demons working against me. I've been depressed since childhood, and through extensive hard work am just about on top of it now, but the downside of that is that the medication which has enabled me to move on with my life has also helped me balloon my body to six stones heavier than it ought to be. Over the past year I have put on half a stone a month. My medication is known to cause weight gain and also to stop people from ever feeling satisfied by food. This is extra disheartening as in 2009/2010 I lost five stone after pregnancy and now it's all back and then some.

However, I don't want to be a negative person and I do actually believe that I can do this. It's going to be a long old slog and my results will probably be deathly slow, and sometimes I'll slip up but I'll keep dusting myself off and getting back up for as long as it takes because I want a life where my weight is a number, not a character flaw.

I'll be back later with my food diary for the day. :eatdrink051:

First post and best post.
Well done.

The accountability of a food diary is one of the best things for helping me stay on track.
You can keep check and see reasons for small or big losses, sts or gains.
Everything can be checked and loads of people about to help you if they spot problems.

Good luck. xx

Thanks for the support, Addibelle. :)

Breakfast
Superfree: Gherkins, pickled onions, beetroot, pickled peppers, grapes, melon.
Free: 2 small slices pastrami, 1 slice ham.
Hex: 3 crispbreads (1/2 Hex B), 1 slice leerdammer light cheese (1/2 Hex A).

Lunch
Superfree: grapes, mango, pineapple.
Free: Jacket potato, cottage cheese.

Dinner
Superfree: Stir fried vegetables, pineapple, passata, ginger.
Free: lean pork, noodles, spices.

Snacks
Superfree: Mango, pineapple, grapes.
Free: Fromage Frais, 4 muller lights, ham, cold plain potato.
Hex: milk allowance of 125ml for drinks (1/2 Hex A) alpen light (1/2 Hex B).
Syns: Half an alpen light (1.5), Yoghurt raisins (3) party ring (1.5), Jaffa cakes (5), flump (1.5), Total 12.5

It's not been a bad day overall. I know mullerlights are free, but I do wonder if i'm scuppering my chances by having 3 or 4 everyday? Hopefully I'll be able to wean myself off them gradually, but at the moment i'm using them as crutch to get me through the evenings.

Last edited:
Today's scoffings

Breakfast
Superfree: apple
Hex: 3 crackerbreads, 2 laughing cow lights,

Lunch
Superfree: apple, banana, mango, peach.
Free: fromage frais, slice of ham, mugshot
Hex: 1 slice leerdammer light, alpen light.

Dinner
Superfree: leeks, butternut squash, green beans, sweetcorn
Free: Potato, Sweet Potato,
Synned: 2 sausages (2)

Snacks
Superfree:grapes
Free: 4 mullerlights, vegetable ravioli
Synned: Flump (1.5), chocolate (5.5), biscuits (5) (14 total)

You are eating lots of good food :) I'd suggest go easy on the muller lights as the above poster said.. They still have calories.. If you are experiencing difficulties losing weight... Try a week without less/nil and see how it affects your losses.

Thanks for the comments both. It is helpful to have some second opinions. :) I've decided to stick to one yoghurt a day from now on.

I've started exercising too. Just dancing along to the Michael Jackson experience but it gets my heartrate going and it's a start. I might even be able to wow people with my smooth criminal routine one day! :D

I also spent some time today really studying the superspeed foods and planning out a meal plan for next week, prioritising the foods that should give my weight loss a boost. I've had some slimatee too and stuck to a fairly healthy diet today so I'm hopeful that come WI on Wednesday I might have a better result this week.

Breakfast
Superfree: 2 bananas,
Hex: 2 alpen light bars

Lunch
Superfree: Peppers, onions, tomatoes, passata, courgette, asparagus, babycorn, sugarsnap peas, beetroot.
Free: Cottage cheese, couscous, artichoke.
Hex: 1 slice leerdammer light cheese.

Dinner
Superfree: Peppers, onions, tomatoes, passata, courgette, asparagus, babycorn, sugarsnap peas, beetroot.
Free: Artichoke, lentils, lean lamb, couscous.

Snacks
Superfree: asian pears, mixed berries, apple, nectarine.
Free: 1 mullerlight yoghurt, fromage frais.
Synned: Square crisps (5) crunchie biscuit (4) 2 flumps (3) rainbow drops (2 ) (Total 14)

Back