E.S.E (alternate day fasting)

wannabslim

Gold Member
Hi all

Well I have made the leap from Slim and Save over to alternate day fasting. I am doing the Eat Stop Eat version which you don't consume any calories on during a 24hr period but then you can have what you like for the following 24hrs. I am planning to eat healthily as much as possible and have developed a passion for cooking having watched and been inspired by lots of cooking progs on TV the last few weeks while I've been on VLCD!

So am going I be fasting 1pm to 1pm as as long as I have eaten something around lunchtime I am usually quite able to go without eating til bedtime, and then when I get up it will only be a few hrs before I can eat again.

I haven't put any weight on since coming off SnS which is good, not sure how that will continue over the next week or so as I am expecting to regain some water weight. But perhaps my STS following a slight cheat on Sim and Save last week is the few lbs I would have lost being regained through water!? If so, which I hope is the case, then I may still get a loss this week, although am really expecting and hoping for a loss next week following an anticipated small gain this week. Only time will tell...

Good luck and am following with interest as currently on S&S but really struggling this time around after a few days so am considering plans like these x

Thanks everyone! Enjoying myself so far, feeling energetic on it! Finding that I get cold towards e end of my 24hr fasts but that may just be the cold weather we're having lol! Looking forward to Dominos tonight as a special treat, after sitting and watching my DH eat a burger and chips at the pub earlier. Enjoyed my diet coke and just told myself I could have my treat tonight. Hoping the rest of the week will be as easy as it has been so far! Xx

Thanks everyone! Enjoying myself so far, feeling energetic on it! Finding that I get cold towards e end of my 24hr fasts but that may just be the cold weather we're having lol! Looking forward to Dominos tonight as a special treat, after sitting and watching my DH eat a burger and chips at the pub earlier. Enjoyed my diet coke and just told myself I could have my treat tonight. Hoping the rest of the week will be as easy as it has been so far! Xx

I think having one of those days (watching someone else having a burger) and knowing in your head that it's OK and you will survive is what everyone needs on this plan to really get the head to click into place. I had mine last week, Thursday was a holiday so normally we'd have drinks the night before and a food fest at lunch/dinner, but I was on a UUD on Wednesday and a DDU on Thursday, I watched him eat all day and never batted an eyelid, I've started this week (week 3) feeling stronger and better about the whole weightloss thing now and normally week 3 is when the willpower starts to fade!!

Well done for getting through it xx

Back