EA sports Active 30 day challenge sign up. Starting 15th March

I'm not sure what is wrong with it. The batteries are the proper recharagable ones with the cradle. I have had the leg strap slide of but just doesn;t seem to want to acknowledge what I am doing.

Got the game, finally!

Day 1 - 16 exercises in just under 25 mins and I burned 155.6 cals. Go me! lol

Does anyone know, if you miss a day do you still start from where you left off? I won't be able to follow their pattern, so I hope this is the case!

I had a few problems with it not registering the Bicep Curls, Rowing Squats and similar, too. I found that it tended to be the way I had the controllers pointing and not holding them steady enough with the Bicep Curls.

Well done everyone - keep it up!

WELL DONE YOU......

I am still messing with mine to make it register. Even trying standing at different angles but it doesn;t want to play :(

KEEP IT UP EVERYONE!!!!!!

Day 2 for me. EA says day 4 as I can't follow their timetable, but it doesn't look like it's missing out any of the exercises. It does make me look like a lazy s*d when it says I've had two rest days on the trot, though! :D

This one really hurt! Well, most of it was okay, but the kick-ups... <sweary> :cry: and I had to reverse the tennis playing, as I'm left-handed.

Anyone worry they're going to get hit in the eye with the tension strap thingy?

18 exercises in under 28 mins and I burned 186 cals.

ive only just seen this thread but since i bought ea active on thursday ive become obsessed with it, i really love it. so heres me joining your challenge :) even if i am a few days behind hehe.

OK how is everyone getting on???

My wii active is still not playing ball and I am not impressed at all.

I have found the EA active forum and seems quite a few people are having issues. Here is a response for the lunges:

A few people have posted about having problems with lunges so I spoke to the person who designed the controls for this one and here's what he was told me.

1. If you're having trouble with getting detection of your Right leg lunge:
- It's really important that the Nunchuk is placed properly in the leg strap. (The videos in the game and my earlier posts should give all the info you need to check this one.)
- When you go down in your lunge, make sure your right leg bends enough so the top of your thigh becomes parallel to the floor. If you get deep enough in your lunge so that your thigh is parallel to the floor, it should detect so try holding it for an extra second and see if does so.

2. If you're having trouble with getting the detection of your Left leg lunge:
- The detection for this is actually quite different. The trick is to make sure that your legs don't shake when you're at the top and at the bottom of your lunge. So when you go down into your left leg lunge, get your left thigh parallel to the floor, and then hold very still for a second or two. (I know this can be tough but experiment a bit and see if this makes the detection better.) I've seen lots of folks shake when they lunge because it's tough on the legs. This shaking makes the detection for the left leg particularly difficult so it's important to try not to do it.

I hope this info helps. Thanks and keep Active!

If anyone wants to see the whole thread on problems registering you can find it at http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/235320.page

I really want to get back into this again, but just wondering how much space do you recon i will need? i use to do the wii in back room however the telly has broken and i can't afford new one for a while (birthday money!!! :D) so now i have to use little telly in my room and i literally have a tiny little panel to try and do anything in, running is alright cause it's on the spot but I'm wondering about the lunges i have got the wii board, so I'm thinking things like skating will be alright hmmm :( really miss EA sports

I've done another three or four days worth of exercises. I'm quite a bit behind their schedule, but getting there!

It's definitely doing some good!

I really want to get back into this again, but just wondering how much space do you recon i will need? i use to do the wii in back room however the telly has broken and i can't afford new one for a while (birthday money!!! :D) so now i have to use little telly in my room and i literally have a tiny little panel to try and do anything in, running is alright cause it's on the spot but I'm wondering about the lunges i have got the wii board, so I'm thinking things like skating will be alright hmmm :( really miss EA sports

Not much help, but yep, you'll need quite a bit of room for the lunges and eye-level room for boxing and basketball.

OK how is everyone getting on???

My wii active is still not playing ball and I am not impressed at all.

I don't want to teach granny how to suck eggs, but are you sure you have the nunchuk pointing the right way on the leg strap? When you're using the resistance band, are you pointing the controller as instructed? Some of them you need to point the controller and nunchuk at the floor before you lift your arms, otherwise it won't register and the same goes for the end of each rep. Is it telling you on screen what's wrong? Like, 'hold still' etc? I also found that if I had the resistant band too tight it sometimes didn't register.

Not much help, but yep, you'll need quite a bit of room for the lunges and eye-level room for boxing and basketball.

thank you! i may just stick to the jogging, arm exercises and the basic ones that don't need much room! at least its better than nothing lol :)

I finally got back on the wagon today! My back and neck were playing up and they don't when I build up my muscles

So Upper Body Workout on hard 133cals

20 mins step from the More Workouts dvd medium 146cals for a total of 279.

Back