Easy soup recipes then please!!

raquelscatt

So come on then, following on from last nights programme on the BBC, I am desperate for some easy, few ingredient, cheap soup recipes!!

Usually buy the tinned varieties but fancy making my own for a change!!lOL.

Your ideas please!

I don't use a recipe, I make it up.

Basically, soup is onion, vegetables, seasoning/herbs and stock.

One of my faves is a root veg pack from Tesco or wherever, with an onion, some carrot, swede, parsnip, fry off onion, peel and chop veg, add to pan, seaon, add herbs, then add stock. Boil until all the veg is really soft, then whizz with a stick blender or in a food processor.

You can also do things like curried parsnip, with some cumin etc in, it all depends on what you like!

Best soup I make is Lentil and toms -
red lentils
tin of toms
cummin or chill powder or paprika (depending on your mood!)
stock
red pepper
garlic
cooked and blended - easy!

i like carrot and lentil, chop some carrots and onions put in a pan with a few red lentils and chicken bovril and some mixed herbs, bring to boil and simmer until carrots are tender then cool a little bit then blend, very simple

Great recipes thank you all, I'm going to try the Lentil and tomato one first.

Just about any soup recipe can be adapted to be SW friendly so either google "soup recipe" or visit one of the many online recipe sites - i personally like the BBC Good Food site. As long as you either use Bovril for a syn-free stock or count the syns in stock cubes, and substitute something else in place of cream the only limit is your imagination.

Butternut squash! With onion garlic chicken oxo, chili,, or you can add cumin coriander and ginger.

Back