easyjet

now-or-never

i travel on saturday for some sun and yes ive failed to be were i want to be, i wanted to lose at least 4 stone and ive lost my first but put 4 on this week gutted so really only just over half. Anyhow im travelling with easyjet and im petrified the seat belt wont fit me, i know i could ask for an extension but im telling u now i wont. My MIL is coming with us who makes no secret of the fact she thinks im fat im just working myself up into a state about it. Has anyone had any experience of easy jet and their seatbelt. Im 16.10 and wear 18's or 20's clothes :cry:

Listen, I dont know the answer to your seatbelt question but if your weekly results indicate when you first started, then your initial goal to lose 4 stone in that time was REALLY unrealistic and you shouldnt see what you HAVE achieved as failing, AT ALL. Even with a 4lb gain this week, you have still lost over 1lb a week which is perfect weight loss.

And let your mother in law think what she likes, if it matters that much to her then its her problem, not yours. You can buy seatbelt extensions if you dont want to ask for one and use your own but its much better to be safe than briefly embarrassed, and the flight crew will be quite used to people wanting them.

Lets get some perspective - the average uk woman is a size 16. Thats not that different from where you are, really. Dont be ashamed about asking if you need to. And have a LOVELY holiday!!!

Thanks for you reply, my 4 stone expectation was from January this is just my millionth rejoin lol. My head says im just being stupid but im just working myself up a bit

Even that was asking a bit much of yourself!! It took me over a year to lose 7 stone and I was a fast loser compared to many people - and had more to lose than you do.

Dont work yourself up lovely, you have done REALLY well so far. Set yourself a new mini target now, say 2 more stone by Christmas, enjoy your holiday, and then come back and get straight back on plan - any holiday gain will be quickly gone and you will be heading in the right direction again very soon!! (You could even stick two fingers up to MIL by making healthy choices on holiday if you felt the need to, and come back even lighter than you went!!)

thanks hun, tbh thought from January would be doable as its only half a stone a month ( obviously it wasnt doable for me haha). Defo gonna be an angel when im back Thanks for cheering me up x

I've been on easyjet flights as a size 22 and not needed the seatbeat extension.

4 stone is a hell of a lot to loose in 7 months tbh, and you have probably put yourself under to much pressure, resulting in your falling off the wagon more than you would do if you had set a realistic goal. You'll get there when you get there - don't stress yourself out over it, and above all ignore the MIL.

Hi

I flew Easyjet last year at a size 26/28. I didn't need the extension belt. It was a bit of a squeeze getting it done up but was fine once it was. My daughter found it the same (she's a 22/24).

Good luck :)

And sod the mother-in-law!

If the seatbelt doesn't fit - and from what you and the others here say, it probably will - then you will have to have an extension because your safety is more important than anything else, and anyway, they come round and check. So you won't have a choice in the matter.

But it really doesn't matter - the flight attendants have no interest in you and won't have time to give it a moment's thought. And mothers-in-law are there to be ignored!!!

Aww man fear not.

I'm not sure what a 18/20 etc. size is cos I'm a bloke.

I managed Easyjet planes even at 17st plus. From my experience and from what you mention, not only will you be fine, but you'll probably be one of the skinniest on the plane.;)

Deffo smaller than the MIL's gob! haha

Have a great trip

Steve

Aww man fear not.

I'm not sure what a 18/20 etc. size is cos I'm a bloke.

I managed Easyjet planes even at 17st plus. From my experience and from what you mention, not only will you be fine, but you'll probably be one of the skinniest on the plane.;)

Have a great trip

Steve

That is my baby boy love you loads son !!!!!

:D :D LOVE THIS COMMENT :D :D

He is a gem......swells with pride !!!!!!

You can have that one for free;)

Now do not spoil it Stevie babe

update. IT FIT !!! Was chuffed, even more so to come home and find out i lost 6lb ON holiday !

Well done, be proud of yourself.

I must say though your MIL sounds as bad as mine. Living in a different country is just about far enough away.

Do not let her or anyone else make you feel bad. Do you have to o on holiday with her. I can not imagine anything worse than going on holiday with mine EVER AGAIN !!!! Once was enough.

You are doing your best and your best is pretty, damned good !!!!!

hi

I fly a lot through work and i was a size 26 (big tummy) and it fitted just, but i have been on a flight that they gave me a ext belt as they saw i was tight on the belt but didnt make a fuss.......... now a 22 / 24 and i have no problem....... BMI baby's new planes have longer belts now :)

You will be fine!!!

And tell the MIL to Sod off, or just speak your mind and tell her how you feel when she says that......she might not think she is being nasty!

Back