Eat Stop Eat 24 Hour Fast

Just watched The Graham Norton Show, where Joanna Lumley was one of the guests. At age 65, he asked her how she keeps looking so amazing, and she replied that she never eats breakfast or lunch...just dinner!!

Interesting! I believe that Cliff Richard has eaten this way for years too! I certainly wouldn't do that, but it does bode well for the 24 hour fast once or twice a week! :party0011::party0011:

Am weighing myself on Sundays, so today was the 2nd Sunday after starting EatStopEat. I am a bit disappointed as I have only lost 1/2 lb, but having done a calorie controlled diet in the Springtime, I know that that is normal....weight goes up and down all the time. Also I am eating completely normally on the days inbetween ie. cake, chocolate, butter, bread etc. I am NOT dieting at all, so I didn't expect the weight to come off very quickly. If I am able to do this 24 hour fasting, then I hope it will become more of a lifestyle change, rather than a diet.

Also, just to point out that I do suffer badly with M.E. so am really not able to exercise. Even the gentle rebounding that I have tried over the past 3 days has really hurt my leg muscles so am going to have to back off that for a little while and do less, when I start it again.

Hi well done on the 1/2 pound loss! Yes I'm sure it must be hard for u to exercise with M.E. To be honest with u I fast for religious reasons anyway but not 24 hours it's from sunrise to sunset, I still had I get my head around the 24 hour fast though. I've started my 24 hour fast at 7pm hope to eat again at 7pm tomorrow I'm back at work so will b challenging. I don't do any exercise except a few weights whilst I am fasting because to be honest I find it completely wears me out although I have read its good to do strength training I just can't lol. I'll let u know how I get on I'd love to lose 4 kg by Xmas! I'm 80.5kg at the moment will love to see the 70s again on the scale! I will weigh myself on Sunday too. It's * week for me so it might effect my weight loss, i will keep u posted.
Don't worry to much about the weight training just try to walk etc and do moderate exercise I'm sure it will still help! These dark nights will b hard for me as I'm a complete comfort eater! Hoping I will survive and like u complete the first few fasts! X

Is that your 1st day done then Naz? Go ok?

If it's any consolation, I am a bit of a comfort eater too...aren't we all? :rolleyes:

Sorry to keep going on about the M.E. It's just that I gave another lady the link to this thread as she was interested. I didn't want her to think that the EatStopEat wasn't working so that's why I explained about me not being able to exercise. Everyone assumes that everyone can walk and excercise (found that on the Boots diet site, but there were also a lot of folks on there with health problems as well, so I didn't feel the odd one out).

Let me know how you got on with your 1st day. We'll have to encourage one another! :D Just got my Sainsbury's online shop delivered today so have got stocked up with nice things...so not really in the mood to fast!! ha ha

Hello you two,
I'm currently researching eat stop eat and looking to start this week as well as joining a gym- scary!!
Iv got a lot of weight to lose having tried pretty much everything aside from surgery!
I'd love to have someone to chat to if ur still posting on here!
Emma x

Ok so I'm doing my first fast today 11am until 11am- I'm going to try the whole 24hrs, I'm thinking it should be easy as iv done cd in the past and at least I can have a little diet coke tonight if the going gets tough!
Then I'm booked into the gym for my induction tomorrow!
I weighed in on the wii this morning and unhappily I'm now the heaviest weight iv ever been! 20st 5 ?
So this is the start of a long journey!
Emma x

So it's 9-30 pm! Iv done 10.5 hrs of my fast and so far so good! I cooked my girls a dinner that I don't eat- iv been a little hungry but not too much I'm surprised it's been easier than I thought!!
Wish I had someone to talk to tho
Emma x

Hi Emma! Well done for lasting that long! I'm sure u wil b fine! I used to go gym wen I did eat stop eat too. I've not been on this lately cus I just can't fast at the moment having a few issues with family so really stressed I've out on nearly a stone! But I will try and post here for u as soon as I get a chance! I have lost alot of weight on eat stop eat but have up soon as my weight loss came to a stand still and stress lol. It does work I can tell u that for sure! On fast days I did not go gym tho as I found it too hard, the only thing I did was weights at home. Good luck with ur journey and promise once all these family issues r resolved I will chat to u more! Take care and good luck! Ps I did 2 fast a week plus tried to eat healthy too! U don't really need to watch what u eat but after a few fasts my thinking changed towards food I was thinking more like "I can survive 24 hours with out food so why do I need to over eat " lol wish that would happen again!! Xxx sorry for quick post xxx

Hey Naz so great to hear from you thanks for posting! I'm sorry ur having trouble at hm I hope it all gets sorted soon so u can concentrate on urself!
My first fast ends at 11am so I'm almost done- it really wasn't that bad actually! I'm doing my induction at the gym tonight I'm really scared! But sure it will be fine.
I won't be going to the gym on my fast days but I'm gonna try to do the wii fit if I feel like it! I think my next fast day will be Friday but i'l try different times maybe thurs after dinner! I'l have my first weigh in on mon morning so fingers crossed for that! Emma x

Hi Emma and Naz,

Hope you are both well. I am looking into the ESE as well and hoping to start tomorrow! I have tried so many diets and I really need something that will give me a sense of control over my body. I will try and have the fast days on the days when I am at work as I hardly eat anything on those days anyway so that should make things easier :)

Let me know how you get on - together I am sure it is lots easier!

B x

Yay another one to talk to!!
Iv just done my first fast and although it's still early days I did notice that I thought carefully before I ate today!
I was in the mindset of why do that fast if I'm going to mess it up, so I did simple things today like continue drinking water and I had half the amount of cereal I would usually have!
I also had my induction at the gym tonight and I loved it- so I'm really hoping that with the two combined I may actually start to lose all this weight!
Good luck for tomorrow and keep in touch!
Emma x

Hi Emma,

Super well done, that's brilliant! I will try today from 12-12 so will see how that works :) Starting work at 12 so might be easier. How many days a week will you be fasting?
I will start the from Couch to 5K tonight as well, brilliant app on iPhone :)

Speak soon!

B x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi B
I'm doing 2 fasts per week I'm planning my next one for tomorrow and i'l weigh in on the wii fit on mondays!
I'l think of u today I'm sure ul be fine especially if ur busy at work, keep ur fluids up tho, i'l check out that app it sounds good! Let me no how ur getting on later!
Emma x

Thank you very much! I started at 11, since I wasn't hungry at all an it means I can eat sooner tomorrow! My other half is flying to Australia tomorrow afternoon so at least I can have brunch with him! :)
I will try and do 3 days a week, see how I get on but my goal is minimum 2!
Have a good day, I shall update on how I'm feeling when I get back from work!

B x

Lucky other half!
Well done on starting my one was 11 -11 am it went ok actually!
Iv just done my routine on wii fit- 25 mins and only had one meal so far today- so i'l have something little now and fruit then I'm having dinner at my mums tonight so I can have a little extra! Let me no how ur doing later
Emma x

How's it going B??
I started my 2nd fast for this wk at 8pm so I will be fasting all day tomorrow- I have a feeling that this time won't work but i'l give it a go and then i'l no!
Emma x

Hey Emma!

Today went really well actually! I didn't feel hungry. Had lots to do at work so didn't even think about food much :p I think 11-11 is brilliant because you can still have breakfast, during the day you do stuff, then go to bed and not much longer until you can eat again.
We went out tonight as well and I only drank diet cokes! Very pleased with myself :)

x

Hey B
Well done you've got one under your belt lol! I can't wait until Monday to see if this actually works- it all seems too easy!
I don't no about u but when I was reading about ESE I kept thinking well that makes sense!! I'm going to attempt a yoga DVD today as it's fast day- and then just keep myself busy really!!
Have a good day!
Emma x

Why thank you! I am rather pleased myself! 4 pounds lighter today haha. I very much agree, that does make sense. It is like calorie counting with "zig zagging" or the johnson's up day down day and it makes dieting so much easier. I don't mind going without or on very low cals if I can eat ok the following day. Restricted counting every day drives me mad. Also now that I haven't eaten for nearly 24 hours I don't want to eat some junk, would make me sick. So I'm gonna have some natural yogurt and frozen berries and turn it into a smoothie! Roll on 11 o'clock! I will try and do fasting every other day until Christmas and then maybe do twice a week or do the up day down day.
How are you feeling? Have you been eating better?
Good girl for getting some exercise in! I shall try and do that as well, will go for a run tonight if I can be bothered :p

B x

Hey B
4lbs already??!! well done thats brilliant hun- iv logged onto the laptop so i can sort my info out on here as its all out of date!
trying to keep busy as this fast time is a bit harder, iv done the girls snacks from school and resisted but my belly is rumbling v loud right now!
i didnt get my dvd done but im going to do the wii fit in a bit, when do you weigh in? and if you dont mind me asking how much weight do you want to lose?
Emma x

Back