Eat Stop Eat 24 Hour Fast

Don't we all! :)

I found it easy to do 11-11 when I was t work that day. Had breakfast, started fasting, all day at work, then out for drinks (I only had diet coke) and then home and sleep and next day at 11 I could already start eating. Didn't feel hungry by that time anymore though! We need to make sure that we do eat after fasting though as we don't want our bodies to go into starvation mode and hold on to the fat!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

stacey1985 said:
Think I might give this a whirl...seems a bit too good to be true though, and still lose weight??

You don't need to calorie count but still keep an eye on what you eat. They recommend not to go over 2000-2500 cals on an eating day which is quite a lot... And then you'll be losing weight!

Does anyone know how much you can expect to lose on this on a weekly basis over some period of time?? Say like if you fasted 2-3 times during the week??

I have read 3-5 pounds to start with and obviously depending on your start weight. The more you have to lose the faster it will go to start with!

I can't keep up on this thread already lol- iv got 100 lbs to lose I'm currently 20st5 which is the heaviest iv ever been- I'm actually not bothered about how fast the weight comes off if this works as I no I can implement this as a lifestyle change- unlike ww or cd which I just can't do long term!
I am however eager to be in the 17's as iv not managed to get to this weight for the last 4yrs! This will be a huge achievement for me!
I don't actually feel much different although obviously empty and lighter on my fast days- iv also broken out a bit with spots unlike me which must be due to the fasts!
I'l no more on Monday- so nervous!!

Emma I think u r doin great not to have weighed in already I struggle not to weigh every day!!I'm seriously thinkin of doin this :) x

Shazza I am really tempted but I need to wait til mon morning to get my first real weeks weight loss! X

Emma, spots tend to come out with fasts as its your body flushing out all the toxins. Can't wait to hear your result on Monday!

Just keep asking yourself "how much do you want it"...not the food that is I mean the new slimmer you...how much do you want to feel confident and on top of the world!! That always works for me!!

I think I will do my first fast 6pm 2mo till 6pm Monday, if you'd were doing this would you'd just have breakfast & lunch or wud u have dinner at say 5pm 2?xx

Technically you are supposed to skip 2 meals - that's the idea behind it. So if you did 6-6 you could have an early dinner and then wont have breakfast or lunch the next day and will just have dinner that night. But ultimately as long as you don't eat anything within the 24 h window an keep to roughly 2000 calories on normal days it doesn't matter :)

Thanks for that I wasn't sure as I was just thinkin of 3 meals a day so thought surely I shud skip 3 durin my fast! That shud make things a bit easier!!x

Well yes but in reality its down to calories so as long as you don't consume anything during the 24 h and eat decently on other days you will be ok! :)

Just started my new fasting, 2-2. Looking forward to it! Had porridge for breakfast and Covent Garden potato and leek soup for lunch and a bar of chocolate. Feel guilty but I know I shouldn't.

I think thats going to be the hard part actually- not feeling guilty when we do eat out of the norm of a diet!
My long term aims from this way of eating is to hopefully train myself to make better choices, not to binge eat emotionally and to recognise when im full! i just feel that by having the 2 fasts i have more leeway for mistakes and for adjustment!
Emma x

I hope you are all gonna keep us updated with your weight loss progress...really interested to see if it's worth giving it a go

Me too! As I said before I will do this until I can and then convert to JuDDD where I can eat 500 cals on low days.
But will definitely keep updating, that's what will keep me going!
At the park with the boys and bought them lots of good snacks, wry tempting but being strong!

im on and off the wii fit whilst doing housework when i get the chance-my daughters not sharing too well at the moment lol x

Back