Eating a meal once a week - your views

nuzzy

I've recently seen a few threads where people have said they treat themselves to a meal once a week and still lose weight

Doesn't that take one out of ketosis? Is that one meal a week worth it?

(I think I've been thinking about it a lot as everyone but me is eating yummy homemade fish pie, which is one if my fav meal)

I think I need some serious talking to because I will feel so so guilty if I cave in and eat...help!

Hi Nuzzy

Depends what you eat. I don't think it's worth it as you might be tempted to eat more and fall off the LT wagon. If you stick to protein like on Atkins diet it should keep you in ketosis but you aren't allowed any carbs - so no homemade fish pie :(. You're doing so well, don't cave, keep going, it's not worth messing about eating as it may derail you and it depends on how much willpower you have to go back to your shakes. For me it's all or nothing. No point in buying LT and then 'cheating' and not losing as much weight as I possibly could. I wouldn't want to do LT longer than necessary and adding another 2-3 weeks on, or longer, because I was eating just doesn't make sense to me.

Stay strong and keep going

Kay x x x

I agree with teapot.

Also day #1 of refeed you have one meal and I find that way more difficult than any 100% days. I always feel really hungry the next day.

Listen to Teapot's words of wisdom! So hard to just have a little. 100% all the way, u can do it!!! X

Back