Eating alone?

kat0709

I need some ideas on what to eat alone?
When my housemate goes to stay at her boyfs or goes elsewhere i never know what to cook???

I always end up been naughty with pizza of chinese!
so i need some meals or quick meal ideas i can do after work?

I do prefer green days as well.

any ideas would be fab

thankssss xxx

There is the batchelors pasta n sauces or the 98% fat free super noodles. Beans and cheese on a jacket potato, Omelet. SW chips egg and beans.

Do you like chilli? You can adapt it to be really hot or just flavour-some. I sometimes like to have chilli and crispy pot wedges. I make a huge batch of vegy chill then freeze it so its ready on tap if I'm feeling lazy. The pot wedges are simple to do, just take a little time.

Also you can make a tomato sauce to go with pasta, tastes so much nices than the jar stuff and you can have loads too.

Is that helpful?

Hiya sonban - my mum made me maccaroni cheese and jack pot last time I was home - I laughed at her for being so stupid - putting 2 huge carbs together like that... UNTIL I TASTED IT!

Yummy.

i usually have mug shot for lunch or a jacket spud so i tend to like something different!pot wedges sound good though not a huge chilli fan though mmmm any more ideas or recipes?

What about some things that you can just throw together in a slow cooker. You can do it b4 bed and when you wake up either get a portion for lunch or turn off the cooker and leave to cool while your at work, just turn it on for a bit when you get back in the evening - while your potatoes/roasties etc are cooking. I like to do stew occaisionally, chicken casseroles (mostly from a packet) but the ideas for the slow cooker are huge.

I have just began cooking for one again, I still cook the same meals I used to when I was cooking for two - pasta, stirfrys etc - but I put the 2nd portion in a tub and take it to work with me, or freeze them (I have a freezer full of meals for when I get lazy!) I also make a big batch of soup on the weekends (leek and potato is my fave) and freeze in individual pots and if i can't be bothered, I have those to fall back on :)

I do exactly the same as you snow white..... although sometimes I cook enough for two and.... urrrm, eat enough for two!! Hehe x

Have a look at the recipe sticky at the top of the page. You can get some great ideas there.

I'm a big fan of Quorn mince, you could make a spag bol using it if you're not so keen on chilli. I use passata, finely chopped mushrooms and onions, couple of garlic cloves, bit of black pepper and basil. I don't eat a lot of pasta but when I do, I tend to use wholemeal for that extra bit of fibre.

whats the garlic dip? Is it just quark n garlic? I like the sound of a dip to go with the wedges.
xx

You can mix a bit of garlic puree into LF natural yogurt... I also like to add some mixed herbs just to give it a bit of colour. x

Back