Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Eating alone?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by kat0709, 18 September 2008 Social URL.

1. kat0709

kat0709 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(4.43%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I need some ideas on what to eat alone?
    When my housemate goes to stay at her boyfs or goes elsewhere i never know what to cook???

I always end up been naughty with pizza of chinese!
    so i need some meals or quick meal ideas i can do after work?

I do prefer green days as well.

any ideas would be fab

thankssss xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sonban

sonban Addicted to Minimins

There is the batchelors pasta n sauces or the 98% fat free super noodles. Beans and cheese on a jacket potato, Omelet. SW chips egg and beans.

4. phishfood

phishfood Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Do you like chilli? You can adapt it to be really hot or just flavour-some. I sometimes like to have chilli and crispy pot wedges. I make a huge batch of vegy chill then freeze it so its ready on tap if I'm feeling lazy. The pot wedges are simple to do, just take a little time.

Also you can make a tomato sauce to go with pasta, tastes so much nices than the jar stuff and you can have loads too.

Is that helpful?

5. phishfood

phishfood Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hiya sonban - my mum made me maccaroni cheese and jack pot last time I was home - I laughed at her for being so stupid - putting 2 huge carbs together like that... UNTIL I TASTED IT!

Yummy.

6. kat0709

kat0709 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(4.43%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i usually have mug shot for lunch or a jacket spud so i tend to like something different!pot wedges sound good though not a huge chilli fan though mmmm any more ideas or recipes?

7. phishfood

phishfood Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    What about some things that you can just throw together in a slow cooker. You can do it b4 bed and when you wake up either get a portion for lunch or turn off the cooker and leave to cool while your at work, just turn it on for a bit when you get back in the evening - while your potatoes/roasties etc are cooking. I like to do stew occaisionally, chicken casseroles (mostly from a packet) but the ideas for the slow cooker are huge.

8. snow_white78

snow_white78 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(15.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I have just began cooking for one again, I still cook the same meals I used to when I was cooking for two - pasta, stirfrys etc - but I put the 2nd portion in a tub and take it to work with me, or freeze them (I have a freezer full of meals for when I get lazy!) I also make a big batch of soup on the weekends (leek and potato is my fave) and freeze in individual pots and if i can't be bothered, I have those to fall back on :)

9. Louise24

Louise24 Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    I do exactly the same as you snow white..... although sometimes I cook enough for two and.... urrrm, eat enough for two!! Hehe x

10. SpaceAngel

SpaceAngel I ate my willpower!

Start Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Have a look at the recipe sticky at the top of the page. You can get some great ideas there.

11. phishfood

phishfood Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    whats the garlic dip? Is it just quark n garlic? I like the sound of a dip to go with the wedges.
    xx

12. wayneonadiet

wayneonadiet Full Member

I'm a big fan of Quorn mince, you could make a spag bol using it if you're not so keen on chilli. I use passata, finely chopped mushrooms and onions, couple of garlic cloves, bit of black pepper and basil. I don't eat a lot of pasta but when I do, I tend to use wholemeal for that extra bit of fibre.

13. Louise24

Louise24 Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    You can mix a bit of garlic puree into LF natural yogurt... I also like to add some mixed herbs just to give it a bit of colour. x

14. Katie84

Katie84 Full Member

Ohh that sounds yummy!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.