Eating and exercise

vicky1804

Hello
I was hoping someone could give me some advice please?
Im about to start a boxercise class on Thursday night from 6-7pm. When would be the best time to eat? Before or after I go?

Many Thanks

Hi Vicky,

I also go to boxercise class - mine is on at 7pm though. I think its a general rule of thumb you should eat at least an hour before you do any exercise. I usually have something like a banana before then a small meal after after the class or even something like a yoghurt and piece of fruit

Great so maybe some fruit and a yoghurt about 5 ish and something a little bigger when I get back?
How do you find your class, iv never been before so not sure what to expect.

To be honest, i hadnt been for about 8 weeks because ive been ill but went back thursday and it was hard!!! i wont lie! I hadnt done a bit of excersixe in that 8 weeks mind but before that i used to go 2-3times a week to boxercise. I have a factastic instructor and its always great fun but it makes you sweat. After the class you feel so much better and because its fun i dont like to miss a class now.

Hope you enjoy yours as much. With the food id eat little if you are going to eat something before going becuase its such a high impact class.

Hope that helps

I generally go spinning on an evening and the classes start at either 6pm or 6.30pm however i usually weight and have my tea after i get home which means i'm not eating until 8pm. I guess thats late for some people however if i ate my tea around 4.30ish i know i'd be hungry later on.

Back