Eating at night makes you fat?

Laddiesboy

I ♥ Slimming World :)
[This is taken from the Metro newspaper, Monday November 9th 2009]

Eating at night makes you fat ...

This myth started after Swedish researchers released their findings on obese women. The women ate a lot at night but people failed to realise the women also ate a lot throughout the day. They were obese due to the calorie content of their diets, not because of when they ate their food. Subsequent research has shown it doesn't matter when you eat, it doesn't affect your metabolism or how you store fat. The key to weight loss is to eat fewer calories than your body burns. As long as you do that, it doesn't matter what time of day you eat, you'll lose weight.

The women ate a lot at night but people failed to realise the women also ate a lot throughout the day.
Wow- not very good researchers then, eh???
lol

I try not to eat late at night, but only before a weigh in day as I find the food is still in there and I weigh heavier . I do like to go to bed feeling a bit hungry, I hate feeling full up

As my husband would say 'the hole at the top is bigger than the hole at the bottom'
i do agree with fatn40 i hate going to be feeling full,and it doesnt help on weigh days!

Sometimes people come up with results from research with the best of intentions, but which later turn out not to be correct - for instance, the eggs/cholesterol debate which is mentioned in other threads here - or discoveries are made which change the way that diseases are treated (stomach ulcers, for instance).

No scientific research is ever the final answer to anything. It's a bit like opinion polls - you can't ask every single person in the country, so you take what you hope is a representative sample.

Well i work nights so have no choice to eating at night anyway! lol

Back