eating before weigh in

Weigh in days are no eating days lol

sweetheart, PLEASE dont starve yourself. that makes me sad too. :sigh: <<<my face.

the whole point of sw is to change your eating habits for the better, not to encourage you to fast all day on weigh in day. you will make yourself poorly and its counter productive.

eat normally one week and it will even itself up on the scales . xx

im the same, WI -s 7-7:30pm but as im on social team i get back about 8:30-9 so i have a nice big lunch and keep my HEXB as a snack mid afternoon then have my tea ready to eat when i get back - usually a premade pasta bake to heat up or get OH to pop a jacket potato in the oven when i text him. Find this works best as like you between work and going out again at 6:30 i have no time to eat tea! No way i could go all day until 9 without eating just because its WI day!!

I'm on social team too, so I try to get there before 7 if I can when everyone start turning up! Lunch is usually a pasta day on Monday :)

I dont weight in till 7.30 so I have my lunch at 3 and them I take a pasta dish with me to group to normally tuna with peppers x

my weigh ins are a Wednesday evening at 5.30pm, I personally won't be eating before hand. Maybe a light lunch, but that's it :) x

I always ate once I got home as I went on the way home or I caught a 12pm class so rushed there and then went back to the office. As long as you do the same every week and create your own routine it shouldn't matter. However psychologically we think it's better to get weighed before we eat.

I can't believe I made the rookie error last week of doing three fatal things: 1. Ate spag bol BEFORE weigh-in (hadn't done this for previous 2 weigh-ins) 2. Wore more/heavier clothing than last week 3. Thought Avocado was free and basically filled my boots for two days last week! I gained 1.5 lbs and I felt completely and utterly gutted. :sigh:

Won't be doing any of those things again! Off to London tomorrow and having a mini day off of just a few indulgences. :D

Because im doign SW from home, I can get weighed whenever during my weigh day. However, I like to get weighed in the morning before I have eaten anything. Give my body chance to burn off all the calories from the day before. I also have a cheat day every saturday so I get weighed on a tuesday to give my body the chance to adjust back to normal. So far so good. My 3rd weigh in is tomorrow and I have already dropped 8lbs in two weeks :D

My group is at 7.30 and don't have time to cook and eat dinner after work before I have to leave for group. On WI days, I don't eat after lunchtime. I take the piece of fruit and Alpen Light that I would normally eat for an afternoon snack to eat at group after I've weighed in.

I should have realised that eating soon before a 7.30 meeting wasn't a good idea but I was starving! All good ideas and I now see why I see so many members munching away right after they step off the scales! :giggle:

I picked an early morning class (9.30am) to avoid me stressing out about what to eat. My thinking is rather messed up from decades of dieting so it's likely I would starve myself of food and fluids if it was an evening group.

I am sick to death of my unhealthy attitude and now want to be a 'healthy eater' rather than 'dieter' so I eat a normal breakfast before weigh in. :)

I think if you eat then just carry on eating before I don't eat but my weigh in is a Saturday morning I always take my breaky with me and a coffee!

I weigh in at 5:30 normally, but my new group (as I have moved house) is now 7:30! I am dreading it. I normally eat a good heavy breakfast like porridge or beans on half hexb toast. then a light lunch, salads, or stirfries, no carbs that will bloat me out. then have a hifi in group or a piece of fruit whatever I have stashed in my bag. Then go home to dinner, but things will change now and I am worried. I will be finishing work and having dinner before I go. So am afraid about weighing heavier. I really wish I could weigh in in the mornings but no such luck. No groups in the county do weigh in, I'd have to drive 60km

I wouldn't worry too much about eating before weigh in. I've found that when I starved myself throughout the day the WLs were smaller than now when I eat breakfast and lunch and a few snacks before WI at 7.30. I then eat when I get back at around 9pm.

I do the same thing Storm, eat everything normally until lunch time, and a few snacks in the afternoon. I get weighed at 7pm so I usually get back home around 8.30pm.
I tend to swap my meals around on a Monday though, I'll have a larger lunch to keep me full for the rest of the day, and then something lighter when I get back after WI.

I could never avoid eating... I enjoy my meals too much to not eat! Plus I'd end up tricking myself into thinking that I could go berserk at the weekend on food and drink and then avoiding eating on Monday's would make it all ok when it came round to WI! Lol!

Marybobs - hopefully you have it all balanced out now and you are on track :) that first WI after a meal is always awful, but as long as we know that we've stuck to plan, you can at least let that keep you going :)

My group is 9.30am on a Saturday so I tend to take ryvita or an alpen bar for after weigh in x

If you ate before your first session then it shouldn't make any difference as there would have been a little bit of food weight in your stomach. If you weighed on an empty stomach, then the first weigh in might show less of a loss.
Having said that, I bet if you actually weighed your evening meal, it wouldn't weigh a great deal.
I certainly wouldn't go to a late meeting and sit there ravenous just in case eating before would add perhaps half a pound or so.

I used to be a don't eat anything before i way try not to drink after about 4pm kind of person then I realised how stupid that is so now we have the same tea every tues and I eat before I way so it makes no odds even if you didn't do it your first week it will only show the first time and you would know why so then could carry on

Back