Eating by proxy!

minxie

One day at a time!
My DH mentioned last night that when I do CD he has far more treats and nice food in the house than usual. I end up buying really nice things for him - probably subconsciously the things I'd like to eat, lol. Does anyone else do this? He calls it my vicarious eating habit :eek: (at least I hope that's the reason and not just that I usually buy all that stuff but used to eat it before he had a chance to :D) Day 7 today, bring on the weigh-in tomorrow:)

I think you may be right. Since I started CD I have been buying all sorts of goodies for my Daughter. I suppose if I can't have them then I'd like someone else to enjoy them.

I've been observing my her eating habits lately (she is absolutely tiny) and I've noticed she only eats when she is hungry and when she is full she stops. I then started moaning about how she's wasting food if she doesn't clear her plate (old habits die hard). To which she replied 'Why, I am full and why would I stuff myself so I feel uncomfortable'. I had no answer - smart cookie that one.

Good luck with your weigh in.

Thats the whole point isnt it, stopping when youre full rather than when everything is gone.. I'm so determined to start doing that once Im at target ^^
Minxie congrats on tackling week 1! It seems you and me have the same weighin day, would you care to buddy up..?

Eating by Proxy is so true, I cook everything for my husband that I want to eat and then sit there and say to him 'is that nice ?', he really has been eating so badly, I keep doing things like frying chips, making pastrys and cakes and generally giving him everything to eat that I couldnt even dream of eating. Note to myself to buy him salad for todays dinner :)

Glad it's not just me then, lol.

DikMeisje I'd be happy to buddy up - we've also got similar start weights and targets. For fear of sounding like an idiot I've never buddied up before so not sure how best to do it - any ideas? PM me if you like.:)

luckily my husband does all his own cooking, and since I started doing this diet, he has only been cooking things he knows I wont eat unless I'm not around :D

Personally I find it quite difficult to smell food, due to the lovely smells in the house on week three I gave up on the diet, for 2 days, but went back on it when I started seeing the scales creeping back up

I do talk about food alot though and watch cookery programmes to beat the band, but couldnt cook and not eat I admire anyone who can

Back