Step 1 Sole Source Eating disorder!!!

Lovette84

Okay do I need to know how people deal with the following:

I have a friend who when I explained Cambridge weight plan and the step am on keeps insinuating and now downright accuses me of having An eating disorder!!!!

It's getting on my last damn nerve as my bmi indicates am overweight. Am trying to get to 10st 9 which will leave me on a bmi of 25. The higher end of the bmi healthy weight.

Do I continue to ignore or finally have that "sit down" conversation????

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ignore it!! If u feel u need to lose a few lbs to feel healthier or more confortable then stick to it.. People always put me down and say its not good and its not healthy bla bla but i just think eating rubbish wveryday and putting on weight is killing me so i will do this till im happy with my weight and this plan is proven and tested and has got all the nutrients u need also u can add normal food to ur diet eg veg or protien! If u are really worried ur doctor can ok it so go and talk to ur gp most of them r happy to support u! X

I saw ur befre and after pics and u hav dun amazing.. And look gorjus! Keep goin babe n stop wen ur happy x

Ignore the comments, and if possible avoid talking diets with this friend. You need to have people around who support you. Wanting a BMI of 25 simply shows you want to be healthier and not in the overweight category. Just wondering if jealousy plays a part?? Is your friend overweight, or wanting to shred a few pounds? I have to admit I have lied to some friends about my diet when they notice I'm a bit smaller than I was. I simply tell them Ive cut out carbs and if i cant avoid a social meal situation I stick to eating just the veg, salad or a little piece if lean meat in place of one of my shakes. But I avoid most functions and its helping my will power knowing that the next time I see those not-so-close friends their jaw will drop cos I will be so much slimmer
You look brilliant in your photos, so sexy in that bikini !! Keep it up girlfriend :)

Thank bella and Nazz, I agree with you both its best to ignore for now. Am doing a lot of progress and the negativity is unnecessary.at the end of the day the only "eating disorder" I had in the past was being overfed by my mum/nan, which I carried into adulthood. Now am making neccessary changes and only see it as positive even the maintenance part. This diet has opened my eyes a lot to so called friends attitudes. If they are happy with their lot so be it but I want to lead a healthy long and happy life. Overweight made me miserable abs a recluse. But NO MORE!!!

Am even smaller than the last images as toning up at the gym when I can four times a week. And will help me maintain when I complete the diet:) am a lot happier than I have ever been so wil keep the faith thanks to alot of encouragement from the lovely people on here :(

Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Lovette, u shud b hppy n proud if wt u hv achieved and valuing urself n ur health, dnt let no one make u think otherwise!! Keep it up babe x

Ignore the comments. I was warned by my CDC that friends can become jealous of your weight loss and try and sabotage it. I know it's not a nice thought and real friends shouldn't do it. But unfortunately I've noticed the same my end and I'm not in a healthy BMi at 10 st 12.5lbs. I refuse to be the fat friend now, haha!! Chin up, your doing amazing xx

I would ignore the comments, when I told friends/boyfriend I was starting the diet they all thought I was mad! But everyone is negative about things they don't know enough information about. I am fed up of being the fat friend putting on a brave face! Hopefully won't be long before I can start sharing clothes with my sister and friends ;).

Hi Lovette, How are you getting on? I logged on today and had to admit your comment made me lol I suppose the media kind of takes over a phrase and makes it what it wants to. An eating disorder seems to be commonly understood to refer to anorexics and bulimics nowadays. But you are soooo right.... My eating was also disorderly and with the help of the CWP I have got some order in my eating. It's not easy, mainly because the people I am surrounded by still have the eating disorder, by eating all the wrong stuff that can make me overweight, even if the damage isn't immediately obvious on them.
My weight loss has been slower than many on here, but I still feel that I am doing well. I have learned that I don't really miss carbs. about once a week I still eat what the family eat, well parts of it. I make delicious home cooked chips (french fries) chunky and not greasy, so when i make them for the family i am quite content to have one only. I can eat a bit of the grilled or oven baked chicken, covered with delicious and aromatic herbs that I have just cooked for the family, without adding any carb-loaded sauces.
Yup you hit the nail on the head.... Our eating pattern is getting into some order whereas before there was none.
Gonna write that on a post-it and stick it next to the cooker and the fridge for daily inspiration !!
I will need some extra will-power today, I am having 6 people over to stay for next 5 days so will be cooking up some delicious food for them. I love having a full house and am ready to drink loads of water.......... wish me luck lol

If I was u Hun I'd ignore it ! Ur doing this 4 YOU n u haven't got 2 explain that to anyone as long as u no what ur doing is right! Just wait till ur strutting ur new body round she will soon want the tips lol! Good luck xxx

Ooh I've had this from loads of people when i was doing LT before i had kids. Once my SIL kept nagging and nagging about how unhealthy it was and how all I need to do is "eat healthy and exercise" she would be really rude about it and try and persuade me and my hubby to come off it. It was very frustrating. Anyway turns out she was secretly annorexic during that time. Talk about hypocritical. I sound like im being nasty about her but she really was awful. I don't think she liked the fact that we were beginning slim too. Theyve separated now so she's no longer in our lives thank god. Then had loads of colleagues telling me how unhealthy it was but their diets were better and that I should try their diet..god I never had as much info on other diets in all my life lol. Alot of my friends were u supportive and I really think that some people like having a friend who's "the fat one" so they don't feel threatened? I don't know why. Telling me I'm boring for not eating or putting milk in my brew when I tell them not to or talking about food constantly infront of me. It's bizzar but if anything it makes me want to stick to it even more. Sometimes it doesn't matter how many facts you give them about how it actually works they just don't want you to succeed. Ignore it. And good luck for the last part of your journey :)

I agree hun with the other comments you have done fab and you are doing this for you and nobody else so keep doing it for a long as you feel you need to and do not be pressurised by others you are the one who is in control! Fab pictures x

It's amazing how much people assume without looking into the facts and that's what is so annoying because people look down on you for doing something so 'extreme' without acknowledging the sheer strength you have to have to do what you have been doing. If you do need to have the talk then it might be worth pointing out how proud you are of yourself and how much you have achieved. People are always so keen to look to the negatives that they overlook the positives.

Its horrible when you are doing something so positive and people only have negative comments, my family and friends are the same :) does my head in sometimes!

Yes how many times have you had the "you'll gain it all back again " comment? X

Loads and to be honest I'm
Sick of it!
I feel the same it's my first week but I am really proud of myself too be honest I was addicted to junk food and eating big portions which for my 5'4 frame was no good
I haven't cheated once and think if you can not cheat the first week when it's the hardest then you are unlikely to cheat at all
I suddenly looked at myself in the mirror and realised i was FAT! I then decided I was going to do something about it. Which I would say its a achievement on its own
So fair enough it's and extreme diet all diets are extreme in their on way! Where actually look at the facts the cambridge diet has all the vitamins your body needs if not more.!
I have done most popular diets;
Weight watchers
Slimming word
Sure slim
Eating healthy
Going gym and actually noting suited me! Yes every diet has its success stories and I don't think for one second I am not going to have to watch what I eat when I come off it as I know I can't go and eat a super sized big mac! And still be thin and i dont think i would eat it as I would of known the struggle And the commitment I put in to get there! Fair enough some people may think its only her first week.... But so bloody what I'm sick of being fat! And I can guarantee all the other members on here are in the same situation as me.
How can they class the diet extreme where actually you are giving your body the most nutrients it's ever had!!! Amen!!!

Loads and to be honest I'm
Sick of it!
I feel the same it's my first week but I am really proud of myself too be honest I was addicted to junk food and eating big portions which for my 5'4 frame was no good
I haven't cheated once and think if you can not cheat the first week when it's the hardest then you are unlikely to cheat at all
I suddenly looked at myself in the mirror and realised i was FAT! I then decided I was going to do something about it. Which I would say its a achievement on its own
So fair enough it's and extreme diet all diets are extreme in their on way! Where actually look at the facts the cambridge diet has all the vitamins your body needs if not more.!
I have done most popular diets;
Weight watchers
Slimming word
Sure slim
Eating healthy
Going gym and actually noting suited me! Yes every diet has its success stories and I don't think for one second I am not going to have to watch what I eat when I come off it as I know I can't go and eat a super sized big mac! And still be thin and i dont think i would eat it as I would of known the struggle And the commitment I put in to get there! Fair enough some people may think its only her first week.... But so bloody what I'm sick of being fat! And I can guarantee all the other members on here are in the same situation as me.
How can they class the diet extreme where actually you are giving your body the most nutrients it's ever had!!! Amen!!!

Amen indeed! I am currently reading the Michael mosely fasting diet book (5:2) and although a lot of it is based on experience rather than research (it's still really early days) there are huge health benefits to fasting - when he says fasting he is referring to eating under 500/600kcals which is effectively what most of us are doing. The book is largely around intermittent fasting but does discuss some longer term studies. Not only are we loosing weight but we are reprogramming our bodies to once again understand what hunger is, relieving bad eating habits, we are reducing cholesterol, our risk of dementia, of cancers, we will probably live longer!

Oh yes, definitely, this must be bad for us lol

X

That book sounds interesting is it good? Might gibe that a go! After I finally finish reading all the fifty shades lol x

I just ignore them. Sometimes people put you down when they are unable to achieve their own personal goals

Back