Eating enough veg...How do you do it?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by peggypig, 20 January 2011 Social URL.

1. peggypig

peggypig Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(20.43%)
    Diet:
    sw extra easy & green
    I think its difficult to eat enough veg especially when meals should be 1/3 superfree.Tonight for example I was having SW chips ,chicken thigh meat and processed peas, I ended up putting sliced cherry tomatoes and fried a few mushrooms and onions to go with it.

If I make spag bol or chilli I put loads of veg in them in small chunks to try and fit it all in.

I tend to only like brocolli and cabbage with anything with gravy.

I do eat a lot of fruit tho.:D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I find it easier to think about the superfree food before any other part of the meal, that way I make sure I get enough. If I plan the meal first then the superfree becomes an after-thought and usually only a bit, rather than 1/3.

The ee plan relies on the 1/3 superfree to restrict your portion on your plate, so it is important to have it with your meal.

4. hastalavegan

hastalavegan Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(13.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I find it really easy to get all my veg in. But I love teh vegetables :D

5. bunnylovesalan

bunnylovesalan Proud Mama :)

I am anal in that i write down meal plans and add the veg I have to eat (not to painful as I love veggies) but I am systematic in getting the right amount of veg in me.

6. peggypig

peggypig Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(20.43%)
    Diet:
    sw extra easy & green
    Im glad I do enjoy veg and fruit I eat a lot of fruit, and enjoy salads. I think I will also start to make some free soup to fit some more in. If I eat meat it tends to be chicken or the lowest fat possible.
    Ive lost 1 1/2 stone up to now and I went off track for a while but Im now determined to see the other 1/2 gone. Good Luck all

7. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

i always pile a LOAD of veggies on my plate!!! i buy frozen veg so its easy to have loads as it doesnt go 'off'.

xxx

8. Claireybella

Claireybella Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(1.99%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I tend to have 2 or 3 veggies with every meal, but on the odd occasion I don't (I'm having eggs, SW chips and baked beans tonight) I'll make sure I have a few peices of fruit after

9. RegField

RegField Silver Member

I have dug out my electric steamer from the back of the cupboard, and meals this week are going to start with a plate of steamed vegetables.

10. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I just make sure I have it - simple!
    If I have a pasta or rice dish I'll have a heap of salad leaves with tomatoes, peppers, cucumber and onion and for anything else I add veg.
    Even if I have fish, chips and peas, I'll have some carrots or broccoli with it. I love veg and just add it on, even if the combination seems a bit odd, I'll still eat it. A pile of roasted veg is good too - peppers, courgettes, aubergine etc. Lovely :)

11. Browsie

Browsie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0.5lb(0.26%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi all, I'm not a massive fan of veg but do try to get as much as possible. If I'm having a EE meal that just doesn't lend itself to a side of veg or I just dont fancy it then I will have my red and green foods - restricting them each to a 1/3 of my plate and leave 1/3 empty ( I sometimes even put the fruit on my plate while I'm dishing up to make sure I don't go mad with the portions). I'll then have a couple of pieces of fruit afterwards to make it up.
    Might not work for everyone but hasn't done me any harm in the past.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.