Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Eating enough veg...How do you do it?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by peggypig, 20 January 2011 Social URL.

1. peggypig

peggypig Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(20.43%)
    Diet:
    sw extra easy & green
    I think its difficult to eat enough veg especially when meals should be 1/3 superfree.Tonight for example I was having SW chips ,chicken thigh meat and processed peas, I ended up putting sliced cherry tomatoes and fried a few mushrooms and onions to go with it.

If I make spag bol or chilli I put loads of veg in them in small chunks to try and fit it all in.

I tend to only like brocolli and cabbage with anything with gravy.

I do eat a lot of fruit tho.:D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I find it easier to think about the superfree food before any other part of the meal, that way I make sure I get enough. If I plan the meal first then the superfree becomes an after-thought and usually only a bit, rather than 1/3.

The ee plan relies on the 1/3 superfree to restrict your portion on your plate, so it is important to have it with your meal.

4. hastalavegan

hastalavegan Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(13.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I find it really easy to get all my veg in. But I love teh vegetables :D

5. bunnylovesalan

bunnylovesalan Proud Mama :)

I am anal in that i write down meal plans and add the veg I have to eat (not to painful as I love veggies) but I am systematic in getting the right amount of veg in me.

6. peggypig

peggypig Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(20.43%)
    Diet:
    sw extra easy & green
    Im glad I do enjoy veg and fruit I eat a lot of fruit, and enjoy salads. I think I will also start to make some free soup to fit some more in. If I eat meat it tends to be chicken or the lowest fat possible.
    Ive lost 1 1/2 stone up to now and I went off track for a while but Im now determined to see the other 1/2 gone. Good Luck all

7. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

i always pile a LOAD of veggies on my plate!!! i buy frozen veg so its easy to have loads as it doesnt go 'off'.

xxx

8. Claireybella

Claireybella Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(1.99%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I tend to have 2 or 3 veggies with every meal, but on the odd occasion I don't (I'm having eggs, SW chips and baked beans tonight) I'll make sure I have a few peices of fruit after

9. RegField

RegField Silver Member

I have dug out my electric steamer from the back of the cupboard, and meals this week are going to start with a plate of steamed vegetables.

10. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I just make sure I have it - simple!
    If I have a pasta or rice dish I'll have a heap of salad leaves with tomatoes, peppers, cucumber and onion and for anything else I add veg.
    Even if I have fish, chips and peas, I'll have some carrots or broccoli with it. I love veg and just add it on, even if the combination seems a bit odd, I'll still eat it. A pile of roasted veg is good too - peppers, courgettes, aubergine etc. Lovely :)

11. Browsie

Browsie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0.5lb(0.26%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi all, I'm not a massive fan of veg but do try to get as much as possible. If I'm having a EE meal that just doesn't lend itself to a side of veg or I just dont fancy it then I will have my red and green foods - restricting them each to a 1/3 of my plate and leave 1/3 empty ( I sometimes even put the fruit on my plate while I'm dishing up to make sure I don't go mad with the portions). I'll then have a couple of pieces of fruit afterwards to make it up.
    Might not work for everyone but hasn't done me any harm in the past.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.