Eating left over's

galaxy163

I was just wondering if anyone else feels the same.

I never relised how much damaged eating that left over chip, sandwich, cake, sweet would do.

I have snacked on lots of diffrent thing when i was doing meals for my children you just never think how much weight it will all amount to over the years.

Does anyone else feel the same?

i totally agree, if we were to look at the collorie content of all those things we picked on i think we would be shocked. It all adds up and we prob don't even remember picking at it. I looked at a packet of digestive biscuite and there is 69 callories in just one.... i used to sit with a cup of tea and dunk my way through half a pack, without even thinking about it!!

I've never had to cook for anyone but myself, but I know my stepmother has had this problem (and she tries to make healthy meals for my half-brother and sister and not give them sweets, as she "doesn't want them to get to Lucy's size!" Bloody cheek! :mad:) When I was at Weight Watchers, Slimming World et al the standard advice was to pour washing up liquid over leftovers so you can't eat them. i don't know whether that works.

I used to pick at my daughters left overs, and your right, its frightening how much you'd be picking at left overs without noticing...:(

I now spray any left overs with washing up liquid as soon as they are put down in the kitchen...removing the temptation to pick....unless your really desperate, and want to produce bubbly wind...:D

Cat Bee x

That's something that really shocked me when I started CD. It made me aware of how much I pick and that's probably why I struggled with WW. I would eat my 20 points or whatever but then probably have another two or three points every day in leftovers which I didn't count ! They I wondered whey I wasn't loosing or it was so slow !

Quite right...picking at the odd thing really keeps you hungry too... it's constant grazing. I am terrible for it. Now, I lob it in the bin before my brain has the chance to point it out to me! "...Mmmmmm, chip!! No no - in the bin!" My friend used to toss her to the dog in moments of weakness. Lol!

Yeah every bit of left overs now go in the bin or dog bowel.... it's to easy to pop food in your mouth and not think about it. Thats why this diet is good as on SS we elimenate food complely, although it,s still hard to resist at times, but we must be strong.

That's something that really shocked me when I started CD. It made me aware of how much I pick and that's probably why I struggled with WW. I would eat my 20 points or whatever but then probably have another two or three points every day in leftovers which I didn't count ! They I wondered whey I wasn't loosing or it was so slow !
I think a lot of folks consume things that they don't count, I used to do that until I could finally wrap my head around the fact that I would have to go 100%(or 100% on what ever plan you are on) if I wanted to relieve any stress associated with anything else and effectively and quickly lose weight. Keeping as stress free as possible has really helped me to be able to carry on.
edi

I have trained the children to empty their leftovers straight into the bin so I don't even have to look at them! They even stack their plates etc into the dishwasher now.

My youngest is only 4 and perfectly capable of doing these too simple jobs.

I was a terrible left over picker. To the point that I'd cook a little extra on purpose just for me. Last night they had jackets and a couple of skins were left over, was a real struggle for me so I walked away and went and ran their bath!

Yeah every bit of left overs now go in the bin or dog bowel.... it's to easy to pop food in your mouth and not think about it. Thats why this diet is good as on SS we elimenate food complely, although it,s still hard to resist at times, but we must be strong.

completely!! Take it out and whoa, we look and think hard about what we were doing to ourselves

Back