Eating less than your daily allowance

biffy

Hi everyone :)

I'm doing the old discover points. I'm meant to have 25 points a day (although this will go down to 24 when I turn 20 in a couple weeks time), but so far i've been eating between 23 and 19.5.

I know that I'm meant to eat my full allowance every day, but I'm not going hungry, infact i'm usually really full after meals. I don't want my metabolism to slow down, but I also don't want to eat just for the sake of it.

Can anyone offer any help or advice?

As long as you don't have less than 16 a day it's ok (If I remember right, I'm 90% sure thats right!)

You can save what you haven't had one day and have them another, if you want to, but as long as you're not hungry and you're eating more than 16 a day i'm sure it's fine :)

As long as you don't have less than 16 a day it's ok (If I remember right, I'm 90% sure thats right!)

You can save what you haven't had one day and have them another, if you want to, but as long as you're not hungry and you're eating more than 16 a day i'm sure it's fine :)

The max you can save a day is 4 points and you must eat them within the week. The old minimum amount of points anyone would be on was 18 so 14 was the minimum they would be on a day if saving. Hope this helps...ah hell im forgetting propoints now!!!! :D:D:D

sorry but no! Thats not how it works if youre meant to have 25 a day you need to have 25 a day. If you have less than that and save them you need to use them by the end of the week. Someone having so many points under their allowance every day will end up losing nothing.

biffy have you tried changing things that you eat? Using more points doesnt have to mean eating more.

Are you doing things like using WW bread, low fat spreads etc???]

Lunch:
Small jacket potato (3)
Tuna (1)
Light mayonnaise (1.5) Have regular mayo
Muller light (1) Are you sure theyre only 1 point??? Why not have another higher point more filling brand

1 chocolate truffle (0.5)
WW chocolate cake bar (1.5) Ditch the WW bars have some other brand

With those 3 changes alone you could easily add another 3 or so points to your current total without eating anything more. Why not have a WW dessert after dinner - thats another 2/2.5 points too

Thats potentially 5.5 extra points straight away :)

Last edited:
i think if your hungry eat them but if not no point in stuffing rubbish down your throat for the sake of it!!i did it one day,,had points left over so just ate a crunchie for the sake of it,,it felt wrong as i didnt even want it!!!

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm thinking of saving up my points every week and using them on a treat on monday evening (after my weigh in). This should give my metabolism a boost and will give me something to look forward to :) Do you think that would be ok starlight?

i dont eat all my points, never had but i still lose. dont follow my lead though, i clearly hav issues :)

but just wanted to say, starlight thats not really the case. tbh if there is a calorie deficit you will lose weight. simple. i take vitamins everyday, berroca, b complex, EPO and 5htp for depression. i drink lots and lots of water but also drink lots of coffee and diet coke.

my diets not great and definately not to everyones approval but it works for me :))

In my experience and that of a lot of people on here it is. I suppose different peoples bodies are different but many people, myself included find that eating way under their points has an adverse effect on their weigh in. Ive seen SO many times people posting that theyve sts and dont understand why cos theyve saved about 9 points a day. It happened when I went to classes, the class leader was demented with people who wouldnt stick to points and thought the less they ate the more theyd lose - and didnt.

Maybe weve been unlucky, maybe youve just been lucky but whatever way it works IMO if WW say I need X number of points well theyre the experts and pick that number for a reason :)

biffy I used to do that all the time, save some every day and have a treat on my wi night, its great having something really nice and knowing your conscience is clear :)

I'm looking forward to my treat on monday now... can't decide what to have :p

I guess different things work for different people. It's only week 1 for me so I have a long time to find out what works for me. Thank you everyone for your help.

I eat my points most days!!! but then im only on 17 and i need that 17 some days!! on my weigh in days because i weight early morn i have a free day.. Not points that i have saved just a free day where i don't point at all and to be honest its prob what keeps me going!!

Back