Eating my way to a healthier me

Looks like breakfast will involve more broccoli! Taken another piece of salmon out of the freezer and have eggs :)
Definitely off food shopping at some point soooooon!

Edit: Didnt have any breakfast in the end, went to the White Rose to do some shopping and ended up buying some sliced beef and a salad box from M & S for lunch.

Strawberries

lambs liver fried with onions and mushrooms, carrots and green beans

Yay!! for food shopping, although not yay for how much I spent, wish food was free! lol! I did buy loads of onions as they are unbelievably cheap compared to other veg! But have food, so all is good :)

Last edited:
Sunday's food!

so far I have had breakie with was,
GF sausages with eggs, toms and mushrooms

Was supposed to be having rainbow trout for dinner, but left it at my mums, so having
a small piece of salmon with a piece of chicken, cabbage and leek, and carrots

I've done some prep for the week, was lazy and bought a bag of salad for tomorrows lunch, not economical but needs must!
Also cooking up a load of chicken pieces for the week for lunches/snacks.

Bought some new teas to try, lemon, ginger and mango, and a citrus one with orange, lemon and lime in.

Aaaaaaarrrgh! I just cannot stop eating today!

smoothie and breakfast bar

cold chicken salad w a cold sausage

piece of cold chicken, 2 boiled eggs and a tomato
Started to have a spoonful of nut butter but not fancying it tbh. Reallllly fancy something sweet or more chicken but seriously cannot afford to eat this much... I'll be bankrupt!

And it's only 3:30! Going to drink lots of herbal tea til dinner. Need to eat early as im off to a student lockin at the Trinity Shopping Centre, apparently there are loads of discounts on!

Dinner will be chicken wings with some frozen veggies of some description, nice and simple!

Yay for me remembering to take the meat out of the freezer for tomorrow!! Although not sure my biochem tutor would be happy to know thats what I was thinking about in the lecture :rolleyes: lol!

No uni tomorrow, so might actually learn something :p

Survived the shopping lockin, not my idea of fun, shopping with 7000 other students!! Spent a whole 1.60 on some owl earrings, big spender me ;) lol!

Had some dark chocolate when I got back, extremely full now, hopefully won't be so hungry tomorrow, coz I'm going to run out of food at this rate.

Need to do some meditation to de stress but heading to bed for a lovely sleeeep now

So gained 1.5lbs this week :( thinks its a combo of stress overload and snacking too much. Going to go back to what I know works and eat more soup and fish for lunches. Knocking the snackfests on the head as don't really3 need that much food, its just coz i'm trying to distract myself. Need to get back into my meditation but truth be told I'm not going to be less stressed til after exams are all done. Freaking myself out over how much I need to revise and how little I know. I prob know more than I think lol but aaaaaaaaarrgghhhh!

Today's food:

Strawberries and raspberries and boiled eggs

Chicken pieces and h/m tomato soup

35g dark chocolate

dinner is supposed to be lamb ribs slow cooked with onions

I'm hoping to make a bone broth on Thursday as I have a whole chicken to cook, so going to use the carcass. Doing it in the slow cooker and hopd getting some extra nutrients in me will help me. Reslly need to be he best I can to get through the next month.

Not getting weighed for at least 2 weeks, unless I feel like a sucka for punishment and go a hunting for somewhere to get weighed. One of my flatmates keeps a pair of scalds in the living area but they are not very accurate. Not too bothered about missing wi but definitely think I need to rethink my dress choice for the summer ballmas don't think it'll fit in time.

Last edited:
Well, tonight's dinner is achanging, having a mini crisis about uni exams, rang my mum and shes coming to take me out for coffee :) love my mumma.

Last edited:
Practical Paleo changeup

Yay, my Practical Paleo book had arrived, my mum brought it over, so nice surprise! Decided to folow the recommendations she makes for people with ME so basically paleo without nightshades, its going to be a huge change, I eat so many tomatoes and peppers! But its worth a try for sure

Tomorrow's meal plan (take 2!)

berry smoothie (glad I dont have to change this, I've upped the amount of spinach I use too, to pack in more of the good stuf!)
Got a leftover boiled egg so will either have that or a breakfast bar

Lunch, going to cook my lamb ribs with onions and carrots to eat before uni, not in til 1 and off to the library and then the cinema

Will have a light dinner after the cinema, probably salmon and cabbage and leeks

That's the plan anyways! Hope I can do some good studying tomorrow and less freaking out stress festing!

can you believe its Friday already?! Excited for sleep-ins lol!

Yesterday I had my sister over for our regulatory Supernatural night fest, was nice to chill out :)

Started the day with my berry smoothie, the spinach was a bit stringy so glad I drank it before uni! Have my breakfast bar too

Lunch was laaaaaate, I had the last of my seed crackers with some butter on and then had some salmon with green beans and a carrot

I roasted a chicken for dinner, it was so diddy! threw some squash. onions and carrots in the roasting tray to cook around it, herbed up and sesame seeded the chicken.
Ive saved the carcass to make a bone broth, along with the veg ends so going to get that on soon

Today, I have my smoothie and bar

made crispy Kale! Oh my god, where has this been all my life?!?! it was so yummy, its taken me a month to actually find any but well worth the wait! Having some *more* salmon with it. lol! trying to improve my brain with all this salmon, hmmmm dont think its working yet! :sigh:

Dont know what tonights food will be yet....

edited to add dinner was liver with onions and mushrooms and carrots

Last edited:
Had a funny couple of days foodwise, think its the transition to the Practical Paleo template.

Saturday:

fried eggs with mushrooms and onions

apple, cucumber, chicken wings

wasnt hungry for dinner so had 2 oranges.

Im thinking that I need to eat less at lunch as I'm just not interested in eating a proper meal at night and I'm forcing myself to eat a meal. So going to make some soups for lunches and save the meaty-goodness for dinner. I much prefer having a meal on an evening as dont have time to enjoy my food properly through the day (this probably is a load of waffle lol!)

Sunday:

eggs with fried onions, courgette and mushrooms

had an amazing fruit box from M and S! Going to restrict fruit (apart from the berries in my smoothie) to weekends as I just go completely overboard on it, I'd rather have fruit than chocolate or sweets!

Dinner will be oven roasted trout with cabbage and leeks

Sooooo, the plan.....

• smoothie for breakfasts, havent made any more bars so might have some protien with it in the form of eggs, chicken or salmon
  • soups for lunches
  • extra veg with main meal, 2/3 veg to 1/3 meat
  • going to try keep to one starchy veg (squash, carrots) a day

I've made a squash soup and I've got a onion soup on the go now, which has some of the bone broth I made in it. Think I've blitz it up though as it looks a bit goopy!

I've done a mahooosive shop (my bank balance cried lol!) and have trout, lamb breast, pork ribs, chicken and some Debbie and Andrew 97% meat sausages in the freezer, so lots to be a eating! I also finally, remembered to buy gelatin so can make the fruit jellies out of the Practical Paleo book. There are some amazing recipes to try in there!

All your food sounds lovely :) sounds like you're enjoying it too :)

Thanks! I am enjoying eating this way :) its such a simple way to eat too, although I cant wait til I have more time to spend cooking, there are soo many recipes I want to try!

My first exam is in 2 weeks and I am uber unprepared! eeeeeek! So may not be updating this for a few weeks.

made crispy Kale! Oh my god, where has this been all my life?!?! it was so yummy, its taken me a month to actually find any but well worth the wait!

Oh god crispy kale is soooo good! Great for when you want something to munch on or just as a side for dinner. I think I'm a kale addict :D

Back