Eating Out-Chinese/Thai buffet..help!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by DeeCorum, 12 September 2008 Social URL.

1. DeeCorum

DeeCorum Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Diet:
    SW
    What would you go for if you were eating out at a Chinese/Thai buffet.. Red or Green?

My daughters birthday treat is to go to her fave restaurant on Sunday.. but its a buffet and I want to be sooooo good so what do I go for..

Red for the duck, and salmon, sushi etc..
    Green for the noodles and rice (no doubt cooked in oil)

There is a teryaki or whatever its called where they cook for you on the spot.. so I could pick sensible bits..do you think a red day will be best? Really don't want to muck up my week by piggin' out

xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. dehli

dehli Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.47%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Personally I'd go for green but not worry too much. Avoid duck (very fattening) and anything in filo pastry/batter. Have lots of veggies and don't eat until you're stuffed (like I did last week - and they had a mr whippy ice cream machine that you help yourself to, god that was yummy). Enjoy yourself though!

4. DeeCorum

DeeCorum Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Thanks Delhi, Greens are easier for me as I am not a big meat eater, and I can get the teryaki-thingymebob chef to stirfry me up something veggie/light .. yes you are right... avoid that crispy duck bigtime.. yes thanks, will be good.. especially knowing I will have to report back in my diary lol

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated xx

5. abigail09

abigail09 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.13%)
    i do chinese buffets quite regularly, i stick to boiled rice, noodles and have lean meat dishes (like chicken based) as a healthy extra. you often have to guess but if its a one off you should be fine. i have also done success express at chinese buffets by having 2/3 of the plate superfree foods, veg and salad and then the final 1/3 of the plate with rice noodles and meat and that was very easy to do as well. there is usually fruit for dessert too which is a good option. i usually dont have any more syns for that day though when i eat out because theres inevitably lots of hidden syns in sauces and your right about cooking in oil

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.