Eating out help!!!

smuller73

Hi everyone
I'm new on here. I have been on Weightwatchers for a month or so now and have been doing well ,but it's my girl's night out tonight and I am panicking as it's at a seafood and steak restaurant and they are known for not being very helpful when you want to make changes to their menu (I didn't get to choose the restaurant, we take turns in our group). Oh and I am in South Africa where they love big portions and loads of butter and cream in everything especially vegetables. Any advice as to what I should do. I have planned my day so I have 13 points left for my evening meal. (Lots of low point soup to fill me up) Help!!!

Hey chick, hmmm I think if it were me I'd go out and just enjoy myself, if you feel guilty just reduce your daily points by 2 or so for the next week. thats what I'd do anyhow xx enjoy the meal xx

Thanks guys, Usually it wouldn't bother me as I would just order something simple and ask them to skip the sauce etc. Its's just one of the girls at my work told me they were very awkward about changing the menu. She ordered breakfast there and wanted a poached egg instead of fried and they refused even though they do poached eggs on another meal. I was just worried that I would be easily swayed into eating something I shouldn't. I should be fine though I am just over thinking things. It's probably because it's my first major test of will power since I started this thing. It's the desserts that will have to be avoided though. It has besome a girl's night tradition to have a naughty dessert. I will just have to have a cappucino or see if the awkward kitchen staff will do me a scoop of icecream or something, my friends will understand. Half of them are struggling with their own weight issues anyway so maybe we can change the tradition to something less fattening.

A steak with a salad or baked potato would be a lighter point option?

As for desserts, a coffee would be the best choice, good thinking!

After all that stressing, the girl's night got cancelled due to half the girls having sick kids so I didn't have to worry, although my hubby then tested my will power as he always gets take out when I go on my girls night and he decided to carry on anyway. KFC the 3 most dreaded letters in the dictionary. The ones here have no really healthy choices so I decided to skip it and made myself a mushroom risotto when I got home, yeah for the will power, although I did pinch 2 of my daughters chips but I think I can get away with that. After having saved so many points for my night out I ended the day with 4 left, so I can maybe use them on Friday. I am in South Africa after all and the World cup starts then so there are parties a-plenty. Thanks anyway girls for your suggestions, feeling very positive today!!

Well done on not giving in to takeaway! A true test of will-power! :)

Will Power

It wasn't easy, I had to look straight ahead and repeat "no I don't want anything" 3 times before my hubby gave up asking and then he makes it harder still by making me hold the bag until we got home. How I didn't give in a start pinching his chips out of the bag I don't know. Sometimes he just doesn't think. :sigh: He's lucky I'm still in "Angel" mode where I am determined to be good and stick to my eating plan if he'd caught me in a few weeks time I'd be more likely to have ordered half the menu and eaten that and his chips.:D

It wasn't easy, I had to look straight ahead and repeat "no I don't want anything" 3 times before my hubby gave up asking and then he makes it harder still by making me hold the bag until we got home. How I didn't give in a start pinching his chips out of the bag I don't know. Sometimes he just doesn't think. :sigh: He's lucky I'm still in "Angel" mode where I am determined to be good and stick to my eating plan if he'd caught me in a few weeks time I'd be more likely to have ordered half the menu and eaten that and his chips.:D

Well done you! That's some strength there - dont think i could have done this myself!:)

Back