Eating Out on Exante??

Skhan

Hello all

So i only joined minimins a couple of days ago and I am starting Exante total solution today!. I started about a month ago and lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks which was fab but then I went away for a few days to see my parents and was devastated to learn I put 8lbs on in one week!!!

So ive learnt that Exante isnt really sustainable but I love the fact that it helps you lose weight quickly and its only really the first 3-4 days that you have to tackle and then after that it becomes some what "easier". I use that term very loosely!!!!.

So anyhoo im starting today but im meeting a friend tomorrow evening after work at a new steak house restaurant and my husband and I have been invited to his cousins house for lunch on Sunday. Now the honest truth is that I dont want to go to either events because I cant be bothered but I havent seen my friend in ages and also I cant really mess with the in laws as much because I only end up pissing my husband off lol.

Therefore I should I tackle exante if i go to these two events. and also how do people tackle exante generally when it comes to eating out?? Any advice would be much appreciated xxxxxxx

Hey :) welcome back to exante! I've taken a less strict approach to exante, mixing total solution days with carb counting days, and still had good results. I've done about half and half over the last 4 weeks and still lost a stone. I still stay in ketosis so I don't find it hard to flit between food days and exante days.

When I'm going out I have a carb counting day and just make sure I eat protein and veggies mainly. You could do the steak house easily :) just say no to chips and yes to the salad.

Hope that's of some use :) x

Hey :) welcome back to exante! I've taken a less strict approach to exante, mixing total solution days with carb counting days, and still had good results. I've done about half and half over the last 4 weeks and still lost a stone. I still stay in ketosis so I don't find it hard to flit between food days and exante days.

When I'm going out I have a carb counting day and just make sure I eat protein and veggies mainly. You could do the steak house easily :) just say no to chips and yes to the salad.

Hope that's of some use :) x

First of all thank you for replying! I really appreciate that. I thought this was supposed to be a supportive weight loss network and I was getting pretty disheartened that even though there has been 100 views, no one bothered replying to me or helping me. So thank you for your advice.

i like your idea of mixing ts days with carb counting days - can I ask what do u mean by carb counting? Do u mean u count calories or do a protein dy? Could you give me am example of a carb counting day?
Sorry for all the questions but I'm determined to do this!

First of all thank you for replying! I really appreciate that. I thought this was supposed to be a supportive weight loss network and I was getting pretty disheartened that even though there has been 100 views, no one bothered replying to me or helping me. So thank you for your advice.

i like your idea of mixing ts days with carb counting days - can I ask what do u mean by carb counting? Do u mean u count calories or do a protein dy? Could you give me am example of a carb counting day?
Sorry for all the questions but I'm determined to do this!

Hey Skhan welcome to minimins! I'm new myself and have found it really great and so supportive. I don't think it's just that nobody bothered to reply!! I personally didn't reply because I am new to exante and did not want to give the wrong advice. I am sure lots of people felt that way too!

From what I've learnt so far I would say you can mix the total solution with some low carbs days. It really is up to you! It just means that you might not lose weight as fast that's all so it really is dependent on your goals. However, maybe try looking at the back of your packs and see how many carbs there are and try to sort of match your carb consumption with that to try and stay in ketosis when having proper meals. Better to do that rather than have a huge binge meal out. If you eat out just try and watch the calorie and carb content and balance it out later (in my opinion!) :D

Hey!

Having been doing these diets for 5 years (yes I'm a typical yoyoer!) it's really hard. Some people's reactions are great and very supportive and others will constantly try to derail you - I've worked out the latter are mainly coz they are jelous or coz they couldn't stick to it themselves. If they are the understanding sort be honest - tell them what you are doing and why (plus use the argument that your getting 100% of all your RDAs - which is probably better than normal eating....no one can argue with that!) otherwise I have used excuses such as upset tummy, or had a massive lunch.....it's hard to watch other people eat yummy food but make sure u have your pack just before you meet them and order a huge bottle of water to keep you going.
My last tactic (Altho you have to be very strict about getting back on) is to allow yourself in advance to have that day /weekend off. I had a friends wedding and a diner that had been booked for months on the same weekend so I TS upto the day and then enjoyed the wedding and dinner and was straight back on TS the Sunday morning. It's hard having the discipline to get back on but its all about your motivation!!
Good luck!!!! (Have lost 24lbs in 6 weeks (with the 'wedding and dinner' weekend off in the middle) - love this diet!!!) :) x

First of all thank you for replying! I really appreciate that. I thought this was supposed to be a supportive weight loss network and I was getting pretty disheartened that even though there has been 100 views, no one bothered replying to me or helping me. So thank you for your advice. i like your idea of mixing ts days with carb counting days - can I ask what do u mean by carb counting? Do u mean u count calories or do a protein dy? Could you give me am example of a carb counting day? Sorry for all the questions but I'm determined to do this!

Hey! So carb counting is to get you in to and then keep you in ketosis. A state where your body burns fat for fuel instead of carbs and sugars (sorry if you already know this)

Exante TS is already limited to 60g of carbs and 600cals. That's low enough to keep you in ketosis cause the calories are very low also. A typical low carb diet (also can google keto diets) is around 30-40g of carbs to make sure you are in ketosis regardless of how many calories that might be.

Foods with low carb are things like meat and eggs and cheese. Also veg can be low carb.

I TS most days. Then other days I use the fitness pal app to track how many carbs I eat. A carb free (or low carb) day for me will usually be omelet for breakfast, chicken salad, meat and veg for dinner.

I hope that helps' if I haven't explained anything please ask :) x

hey :) when ive been out for meals with people I've just drank water but have twice taken a pack & asked for hot water to mix with it & said i'm on a medical diet to the waiters haha. it didnt offend who i was out with, i explained & they understood & were cool with it. i like to stick to TS i guess i made a commitment in my head i'll do it until i get to goal & its only a short time in the bigger picture. what people said above is right tho if u count carbs & calories carefully & avoid citric acid & other things that can knock u out of ketosis & set u back a cpl days u can substitute food for packs :) u will lose vitamins doing that tho but occasionally wouldnt hurt. i think i'm just too lazy to do that so much easier for me to just open a shake lol :) x

Thanks for all your responses ladies. It's much appreciated and very very helpful.

I've joined curve appeals 30 challenge so ill let you all know how my first week goes. Xxxxxxx

Back