Eating out on Saturday

Liannioso

Silver Member
Hi,

I'm eating out on Saturday for my partners birthday in this gorgeous portugese restaurant. I have been good all week on the diet and excercised everyday. Would you think what the hec and order what you like or hold back a bit and go for what you think is better for the diet.

It depends if you want to lose this week or sts. If you do think what the heck and have a flexi day then you may well sts but if you stick to the plan as best as you can then you'll most likely lose.
Do you have the menu to look at before you go? I often look before I go out and decide what I'm having before I get there and don't even look at the restaurant.

It would depend on what sort of meals they serve. If there is a healthyish option like chicken or steak and salad then I'd go for something like that. If there isn't anything that healthy then I'd go for it and use my syns then get back on track after it. You have to have a life and for me this is not an overnight thing so one blip on your overall journey wont make that much difference. Esp if you've been good all week as well. x

Oh i really want to lose but at the same time I really want some lovely food! I can't decide what I want more.

I have been keeping it quite low on syns this week. Are you allowed to sort of add them up and use them at once? I'm sure I've heared something about this before.

I could do a red day I suppose as they do a lot of kebab type meals - I'll check the menu now.

It would depend on what sort of meals they serve. If there is a healthyish option like chicken or steak and salad then I'd go for something like that. If there isn't anything that healthy then I'd go for it and use my syns then get back on track after it. You have to have a life and for me this is not an overnight thing so one blip on your overall journey wont make that much difference. Esp if you've been good all week as well. x

I'm only 5 days in....

But yes they do healthy, if fact they have a meat dish that they hang from the ceiling. Quite fun and will have a nice big salad. I might drive aswell to make sure I'm not tempted into wine! The only problem is my partner and friends are ******* for making you have a drink!

I usually go out most weekends to eat and drink, so usually save my syns up for this, and always try go for heathy options when Im eating, usually do a EE day as i find this is best when eating out.Been doing SW for 4 weeks now and have been out every weekend, and have still lost in each WI.

I'd definately drive hun, they can't make you have a drink then. Not that they should make you drink if you don't want to!
The meat thing sounds fab - I've never been to a Portuguese restaurant before. Do you have a link to the menu?

I usually go out most weekends to eat and drink, so usually save my syns up for this, and always try go for heathy options when Im eating, usually do a EE day as i find this is best when eating out.Been doing SW for 4 weeks now and have been out every weekend, and have still lost in each WI.

That's brilliant. Do you not use any of your syns during the week then? I would normally do this -- but I mean business this time around as have my wedding in 6 months eek

That looks gorgeous!!
I'd have grilled sardines to start then have grilled fish or meat with either the madeira sauce (syn the wine in it) or have it plain and have rice and salad on the side.
Looks like you could eat pretty healthily there (or badly too!!)

Im in the same situation as you - only we r going to an indian. ive been really good this week, saving all my syns up for tomorrow. Im going to see how i feel when i get there, we are not going to deprive ourselves for the rest of our lives are we and my feelings on this are that once in a while it wont hurt - ok we may sts but hey we've got to live too! If im happy with being good when i see the menu then thats brill but i fancy something naughty im ok with that too, its unfair to beat ourselves up over one meal ! whatever you decide ENJOY thats the main thing x

I'd do a red day and have the chicken piri piri. Yumm

Most of the meals sound healthy Hun. I would opt for either a fish or the melon starter and then a plain steak and salad for main course.

About saving syns up - yes you can not a problem. However, Slimming World came up with an alternative which is called flexible syns. This is where, you have your syns through the week as normal so you don't go nuts and then if there is a special occasion (like your meal out) you give yourself an extra allowance of syns - say 30 extra. You can give yourself more or less. What this does is enable you to stay in control. You know how many syns extra you can have and you stick to your extra budget. This may mean that you will sts that week or you may even still lose but the point of flexible syns is that it allows you to stay in control so you don't fall off the wagon so to speak. There is a lot of psycology in SW!! Anyway, hope that helps and hope you have a really good meal out as that is the most important thing. xx

i would do ee and go for melon ss for starter then Mista (Pork, Lamb and Chicken) and the pita and u would only need to syn sauce and bread and might even have room for pud:)

Well thanks everyone - I am now really looking forward to my meal out - without much guilt at all! ;)

Hoping everyone has a brilliant weekend! x

That's brilliant. Do you not use any of your syns during the week then? I would normally do this -- but I mean business this time around as have my wedding in 6 months eek

Yea usually use a few syns a day, for likes of mayo or tomato ketchup and stuff, usually never no more than 5 though.
Good luck and enjoy your eveining :)

Back