Eating regularly...

BlackRose

Gold Member
I think the reason behind my much lower loss this week is almost certainly down to my lack of appetite. The first week I was vigilant in making sure I'd three meals a day and from about Tuesday onwards I've had to force myself to eat. I have to hold my hands up and say I have eaten no more than twice a day since then and even then we're talking, a small omelette and tin of sardines. I've undoubtedly let my body go into starvation mode leaving more than 24 hrs between meals and lo and behold! despite being in ketosis I've effected my weight loss by not being more careful.

We definitely need to keep the fat fire burning by giving it regular doses lots of proteiny fuel! Not eating does not lead to a faster weight loss!! We gots to keep our metabolism working.

Let's see if I can learn from this lesson! Roll on next week's WI.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

From what you said (and I am no expert!lol), maybe it is fat you need more of. On atkins the highest percent should be fat, then protein, then carbs. Your two meals look like they were probably lacking fat.

Someone with more knowledge will probably say something totally different. But in 2009 when I did really well on Atkins, I always made sure I kept my fat intake up :)

Good luck my love! I find grazing best when I have no appetite, just little nibbles throughout the day! xx

Good luck my love! I find grazing best when I have no appetite, just little nibbles throughout the day! xx

From what you said (and I am no expert!lol), maybe it is fat you need more of. On atkins the highest percent should be fat, then protein, then carbs. Your two meals look like they were probably lacking fat.

Someone with more knowledge will probably say something totally different. But in 2009 when I did really well on Atkins, I always made sure I kept my fat intake up :)

I'll give it a go Fuffs, thanks. I haven't been deliberately avoiding fat or anything, just happens to have went that way. Unlike when I'm not doing Atkins! lol Then I can't escape the stuff! lol

Yeah, I think I might need to try this too! LOL This forum is priceless isn't it? :D

lol!!! Yes, we find fast very easy when not on Atkins lol

My fat comes in cream in a couple of decaff coffees. Or frying a piece of meat or egg in EVOO or coconut oil.

I also have a small squeeze of mayo with some meals. (obviously we have to think of carbs in cream and mayo)

Snacking on scratchings can be good too.

And water, of course, is one of the magical ingredients :)

Oh I'm full of the joys of water right now! And out comes the frying pan - I have to say - eating a tin of sardines is not that enjoyable. I felt like a cat.

Burgers with bacon, cheese and lettuce tonight (maybe some fired mushrooms and onions too) - no worries about the fat content there! Jeepers I love this diet! lol

Thanks Fuffs -feeling all RARRR now. :D

That's my girl!! lol.....Get that fat down ya! As long as the oil is unrefined and is not allowed to smoke, it is good fat and we need it.

Now lets chant: WE LOVE FAT!

lol

Fat destroys fat.....That is what we have to remember lol

Whoop Whooop! Go Fat Go!

Bacon's good, get he fatty streaky bacon, I love it fried up with mushrooms

Bacon's good, get he fatty streaky bacon, I love it fried up with mushrooms

Oh yeah! Jim knows! lol That's brekkie today in fact, maybe a wee fried egg thrown in too. Pure induglence and weight loss to boot. Does anyone else get to the urge to stop people in the street and tell them about this diet? lol

lol!!! Atkins promoters!

If we dress like the colour of the New Diet Revolution book, people would be afreaid they are about to be tangoed lol

I've been reading the other weight loss boards and I seriously wonder why everyone isn't on the diet!! Struggling with there 800 calories a day. Lol aw isn't funny!! Suppose people do what's best for them. I think Atkins was slammed a bit by the media which probably put people off..I might try starting to convert people from other boards..lol

i think this is what i have been doing wrong, why i have been stalled for so long.
i have been having bacon and eggs, then not been hungry until tea time. so, i have cut down from 2 eggs to 1, and having something in the middle of the day, even just a slice of cheese, or jelly and cream, or similar, and then dinner/tea as usual. and finally, finally! the stall seems to have broken!

it really does seem to be crucial in keeping the metabolism working. Keep it up Taz!

I've been reading the other weight loss boards and I seriously wonder why everyone isn't on the diet!! Struggling with there 800 calories a day. Lol aw isn't funny!! Suppose people do what's best for them. I think Atkins was slammed a bit by the media which probably put people off..I might try starting to convert people from other boards..lol

My oh is doing Lipotrim! I truly understand the appeal of it, having tried to do it a few times but right now I want ma grub AND to lose weight.LOL I'm Atkins all the way baybeee! :D

Back