Eating the same things

michelyn

Can someone tell me what the deal is with eating the same things all the time? I've heard it slows your weightloss but I have no idea why so it doesn't make sense to me....

I don't know how the science works, but I imagine that if you eat the same thing all the time, your metabolism will get lazy. You have to keep your metabolism on its toes! Also, if you have no variety, you may get bored and fall off the wagon.

But I don't know if your weightloss does slow. Did someone tell you that or did you experience it?

I thought my group leader said it, unless I misunderstood.

i think you would get bored eventually eating the same stuff i know i would

Yeah def would make me bored, i have the same breakfast each day, but lunchs and evening meals are different everyday and I try not to have the same evening meal two weeks running.

See, I eat the same things all the time. Super easy stuff... I think I'm just lazy!

See, I eat the same things all the time. Super easy stuff... I think I'm just lazy!

Yes but you are only a few weeks in - try 10 years down the line like me and I think you will be getting a bit fed up ;)

Well worth making the effort - just think of all of lovely meals you are missing out on :D

Yes but you are only a few weeks in - try 10 years down the line like me and I think you will be getting a bit fed up ;)

Well worth making the effort - just think of all of lovely meals you are missing out on :D

OMG 10 years :eek:

Do you see this as an eating plan now then and not a diet?

I've only just started this and for the first time in my life i know i have to do this for the rest of my life. The min i stop i'll pile on the weight again.

I have never seen it as a diet - the only way it works is if you make permanent changes to your lifestyle. If you see it as a temporary thing only to be done until you get to target then of course the moment you start eating the way you used to the weight will go back on. I have more leeway being at target but I still follow the basics of the plan the same way you all do - it is second nature now so I dont really have to think about it

Yes there are old favourite reipes that I go back to time and again but I am always trying new ones and new foods - I get excited about my food and that keeps the plan fresh

Can someone tell me what the deal is with eating the same things all the time? I've heard it slows your weightloss but I have no idea why so it doesn't make sense to me....

Eating the same thing all the time will not affect your weightloss in itself. After all, there are people all over the world who traditionally eat the same foods every day.

However, if you get bored with the same foods you are more likely to eat things you should not.

Also, it is a good idea to eat different foods as all foods have nutrients in different quantities and combinations, so eating lots of different foods means you are more likely to get all the nutrients you need.

And there is lots of wonderful food out there!

Back