Eating too much rubbish?

Cosmic Star

I am using all my points but find that i am eating too much junk to make up my points as I dont want to come stuck when i get closer to goal!

Does anyone have tips how I can eat all my points without bulking up on rubbish?

My weight loss is really slow and I think this is the big problem

instead than eating rubbish you might want to look at healthy snacks like nuts, dried fruit and seeds which are nice to chew, tasty and contain a wealth of wonderful nutritions including proteins and good fats. 18g of mixed nuts equals to 3pp, can fill you up with a nice drink and are easy to weight :)

Cosmic Star said:
I am using all my points but find that i am eating too much junk to make up my points as I dont want to come stuck when i get closer to goal!

Does anyone have tips how I can eat all my points without bulking up on rubbish?

My weight loss is really slow and I think this is the big problem

I was doing the same so switched to Slimming World, so much better for me personally. Eating much more sensible food choices.

Yeah I have to admit I ate 8 x 2pp cookies just to fill up my monsterous allowance of 43pp. And I make sure to use all of my weeklies too (I'm still losing so by damn I'm using them, as you say you'll need them later)

I find using semi milk tends to use a good chunk of my points, and things like light butter rather than x light! little things add up :)

See I don't tend to eat 'diet' food at the moment (weight watchers products / low fat options etc) purely due to the fact I'm struggling to eat points!

Yesterday I ate chips for dinner and had sweets and crisps outside of my meals! I did go into my weekly points as I do try and use a big chunk if them over the weekend.

I will try healthy snacks, didn't even enter my head to do so! Or maybe drink more wine!!!! lol

I would def recommend that people stay away from too much junk food, including biccies, chips etc! Its setting up some very bad habits and will do your health no favours!

I honestly don't see how you cannot use up all of your points healthily if you plan out your day. I find it really hard to stay within my points somedays, and generally have veg with my protein for dinner - no carbs - as just cannot spare the points for pasta/potatoes etc!

Can't you just eat full fat versions of products such as cheese, yoghurt etc? Then it will be easy to drop down the points as you lose because you can gradually change to lower fat versions. It will be much harder to get out of the habit of eating junk food to be honest.

Sorry for the 'lecture' xxx

I do, as I said in my post above I don't eat diet foods! Maybe we just have more points to use than you!

Every meal I have carbs at the recommended portion which is a reduction in what I used to eat. I find that filling enough to be honest so dont want to up the portion sizes. After eating 3 well balanced meals a day I am still well within my points.

perhaps u could add an extra meal into ur day 4 light meals would be better than 3 big meals, try snaking on crackers and philly or something insted of crisps

I struggle to fill my daily quota as well (43pp).. it takes a lot of planning!! I don't agree that "bad food" should be taken out of your diet completely, but there's definitely a boundary of moderation!

The highest number of points you can eat is 71pp per day, that's flipping insane!

The highest number of points you can eat is 71pp per day, that's flipping insane!

I agree that naughty food shouldn't be taken completely off your diet -- it would be a very grim diet, we all need to have something that we like to cheer us up!

However, I don't agree that it's insane to having to eat 71pp per day... just imagine that a Knorr English Broccoli and Stilton soup is a whopping 32 PROPOINTS per portion, according to esource! And I'm talking about something anyone would think healthy if offered the option compared with stuff like chocolate or sweets! I was looking for it because I had a broccoli soup today for lunch in a café and wanted to see how many points I had... I thought I had gone for a healthier option than my fiancé piri piri chicken and fries, but if I had known a broccoli soup can be 32pp, I would probably have opted for piri piri chicken and asked for a salad rather than the chips. Well, too late now! :(

I can :wave_cry: to my plans for dinner... :(:sigh:

I struggle to fill my daily quota as well (43pp).. it takes a lot of planning!! I don't agree that "bad food" should be taken out of your diet completely, but there's definitely a boundary of moderation!

Of course everyone should have what they consider a treat (in moderation) but eating 16 points worth of biscuits just to use up points? Not a good idea in my opinion!!!

I agree that naughty food shouldn't be taken completely off your diet -- it would be a very grim diet, we all need to have something that we like to cheer us up!

However, I don't agree that it's insane to having to eat 71pp per day... just imagine that a Knorr English Broccoli and Stilton soup is a whopping 32 PROPOINTS per portion, according to esource! And I'm talking about something anyone would think healthy if offered the option compared with stuff like chocolate or sweets! I was looking for it because I had a broccoli soup today for lunch in a café and wanted to see how many points I had... I thought I had gone for a healthier option than my fiancé piri piri chicken and fries, but if I had known a broccoli soup can be 32pp, I would probably have opted for piri piri chicken and asked for a salad rather than the chips. Well, too late now! :(

I can :wave_cry: to my plans for dinner... :(:sigh:

Seriously? Soup?? Whaaaaat. Is that definitely right? Surely it would have to nearly be stodgy with cheese to rack up that many points? o_O

Of course everyone should have what they consider a treat (in moderation) but eating 16 points worth of biscuits just to use up points? Not a good idea in my opinion!!!

Aye that wasn't a very good idea what I did, no XD

I just take notions where I can't be bothered to eat a lot in one sitting, or organise my days eating properly, and I end up doing that sometimes. It only happens on a rare occasion though!

Seriously? Soup?? Whaaaaat. Is that definitely right? Surely it would have to nearly be stodgy with cheese to rack up that many points? o_O

yes... my soup is not the Knorr soup, obviously, as I got it in a café so I don't know the nutritional values, it could have been very low in points but the problem is... I don't know! So I'm just assuming it's the highest I have found on esource! Luckily I didn't use any of my weeklies this week, so I can take it off that, but still, I'm disappointed!

Imagine that the cook had decided to get artistic and he had drawn a smiley face with olive oil on the soup. Very carefully, I removed all the oil from the top of the soup (it was so thick it has been possible as it had got stuck on the top of it!) I thought I had been clever... :(

problem is: tomorrow is my weigh-in day and I was really hoping for having lost something this week, as next week my sister comes over so I know I won't be following the diet too much!

Never mind :)

Back