Eating too much? This isn't going to work?

Hi,

Could anyone give me some advice please? I started SW two days ago (red days) and I feel that for the last two days I've eaten loads more than I normally would. I have worked out that my consumption seems to be 1800 to 1900 cals. Surely I can't lose weight eating that much? Could anyone look at my diary for today and let me know where I'm going wrong?

Breakfast
42g allbran
milk (from A 350ml)
2 Bananas on top

Snack
Apple
Kellogs fibre plus bar (B)

Lunch
Left over chicken casserole (chicken breast, carrots, onions, broccoli and stock)
Wholemeal pitta (7.5 syns)
small handfull grapes

Snack
0% fat greek yougurt (freefood)
Blueberries

Dinner
Homemade lean beef burgers (2)
Salad, onions, cucumber etc
Crusty wholemeal role (B)
Blueberries

Snack
grapes

It's all healthy stuff and it's stopped me reaching for the chocolate, however, I still feel like 1800 cals plus is excessive and not enough to cause a deficit on the days I don't exercise.

Any advice would be gratefully received!

Thank you

hi have had a look and its ok except you have had 3 b options and 1 a option hon

Awww thanks for looking. Do you mean the fibre bar, roll and pitta? I thought I could have the pitta as a syn? Do you not think the calories are too excessive?

Awww. thanks for taking a look. Do you mean the fibre bar, crusty roll and wholemeal pitta? I thought I was allowed the pitta as a Synn value? Do you not think the calorie consumption is excessive though?

ronniejacobs said:
hi have had a look and its ok except you have had 3 b options and 1 a option hon

Yeah 3 B and 1 A (second is optional), might have to syn the cereal!

Looks good to me OP, as long as you're eating only when hungry and not for the sake of it then it's all good! X

LittleAngelcakes said:
Hi,

Could anyone give me some advice please? I started SW two days ago (red days) and I feel that for the last two days I've eaten loads more than I normally would. I have worked out that my consumption seems to be 1800 to 1900 cals. Surely I can't lose weight eating that much? Could anyone look at my diary for today and let me know where I'm going wrong?

Breakfast
42g allbran
milk (from A 350ml)
2 Bananas on top

Snack
Apple
Kellogs fibre plus bar (B)

Lunch
Left over chicken casserole (chicken breast, carrots, onions, broccoli and stock)
Wholemeal pitta (7.5 syns)
small handfull grapes

Snack
Blueberries

Dinner
Homemade lean beef burgers (2)
Salad, onions, cucumber etc
Crusty wholemeal role (B)
Blueberries

Snack
grapes

It's all healthy stuff and it's stopped me reaching for the chocolate, however, I still feel like 1800 cals plus is excessive and not enough to cause a deficit on the days I don't exercise.

Any advice would be gratefully received!

Thank you

Ditto previous poster re healthy extras! Try not to get hung up on calories! SW works, and there are enough people on here with results to prove it! Just trust the plan and go with it for a few weeks! They offer a 4-week money back guarantee which should emphasise their confidence in the plan :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

"She's had 2 B and 1 A (second is optional)."
No, Ronnie is right - there's 42g of Allbran listed for breakfast but not counted?

woodmouse said:
"She's had 2 B and 1 A (second is optional)."
No, Ronnie is right - there's 42g of Allbran listed for breakfast but not counted?

I realised after woodmouse and edited to say she'd need to syn cereal! X

When i first started SW i joined with a friend. I followed the plan and i thought too that id eaten so much that there was no way id loose any weight.
I kept phoning my friend and saying this is never going to work:confused::confused:
To my total suprise i lost 5lb.
I dont have scales at home and very often i think to myself ive eaten far too much and ive not lost this week but if i stick to the plan i always do.
Its just drummed into us that to loose weight you have to eat much less but with SW its just not the case.:)

hey , it all looks good except the 3 bs . SW , particularly red and green days , does not work by counting calories , it works by not combining certain foods , so stop worrying about the calories :)
The only thing I would say is bananas a grapes are siperfree foods , but not speed .... I know a lot of people who limit their intake of bananas and grapes , so it may be better to replace 1 banana with some berries ( strawb , rasp , blue etc ) or melon which are superspeed, as this may help to boost your losses a little :)

i am eating loads more! i seem more hungry now then before the diet! all i can think about it FOOD! but it seems to be working as i have lost weigh.. only a week in though..

If I'm honest I was eating the same amount for first few weeks and loosing only half pounds when I didn't do any exercise I just wasn't burning off anything I ate. I'd try really hard to start with exercise it really helped me get my losses moving. Looking at your diary example maybe I'd try switching the bananas for berries, grapes - speed foods. Also is the mince for your burgers lean or extra lean as only extra lean is free lean has to be synned. And as everyone else said 3 b's.

hiya all, well done for today. i also am new to this i joined on Tuesday.how you getting on?? is this right what im doing?

breakfast i had,
1 weetabix heb
with Muller light yogurt free
4 strawberry free
6 grapes free

then lunch i had,
pasta twirls
passata
half tin chopped tomatoes
sweetcorn
peas
peppers
quorn sausages all free!

a orange

then dinner,
chicken heb
4 extra light laughing cow triangles hea
2 table spoons yogurt free
lettuce free
carrot free
cherry tomatoes x3 free

please can someone help me and let me know im doing this right.

caroline1985 said:
hiya all, well done for today. i also am new to this i joined on Tuesday.how you getting on?? is this right what im doing?

breakfast i had,
1 weetabix heb
with Muller light yogurt free
4 strawberry free
6 grapes free

then lunch i had,
pasta twirls
passata
half tin chopped tomatoes
sweetcorn
peas
peppers
quorn sausages all free!

a orange

then dinner,
chicken heb
4 extra light laughing cow triangles hea
2 table spoons yogurt free
lettuce free
carrot free
cherry tomatoes x3 free

please can someone help me and let me know im doing this right.

I presume you're following GREEN? If so it looks ok except for the fact you've not had any syns!!!

if it's green it looks fine!!!! and like welshtigger says....have your syns!!!! don't deprive yourself!!!! x

caroline1985 said:
thank you for getting back to me welshtigger, nope no syns, all week i have only had 6 syns do i need to have syns?? i was told 10 a day roughly but didn't know it was a must.

i have no idea how this site works either, lol thanks again

Yeah, in order for the plan to work you need to have a balance of free/superfree food, healthy extras and syns :) they recommend 5-15 a day so you should have a minimum of 5 a day!

Back