Eating too much!

Yoghurt

Hi, am ashamed to report a 1.5lb gain at my first weigh-in. Am no stranger to losing weight so you'd think I would have some idea but I failed spectacularly.

I realise there is no magic - at some point if you eat more than you need, you will gain weight. I know I ate a lot this week and I think I used the excuse that FREE food meant some kind of FREE BINGE.

I wonder if other people have ever gained/experienced the same thing and if it took time to learn to listen to your stomachs and opposed to your brain?

Any advice much appreciated. (The other woman who started last week with me lost 4lbs so I realise this does work if you do it properly!)

I think everyones body works differently! I gained one week (well alot more than one week, but using this week as an example lol) and when I looked back over my food diary it was because I had used my syns on bread, so for about 4 days of the week i had eaten maybe 5 pieces of bread from a 400g loaf using syns and hxB's so about 20 pieces of bread, nearly a loaf! And I wandered why I had gained.....

I now realise my losses are better if I lay off the bread altogether, so thats what I do!

Its about listening to your body as well as following slimming world - everyones different!!

Dont feel bad, just draw a line under it, maybe start posting a food diary on minimins so we can comment on it and see where you went wrong?? GOOD LUCK :D

It does sometimes takes your body and metabolism a few weeks to get in to the SW way. Stick at it. Often people have a gain week 1 and then a huge loss week 2. Keep the faith.
As Hannah said, everyones body is different, and there is an element of trial and error to see what suits your body.
If you dont already keep a food diary on here, and list everything that you eat and if your doing anything wrong then everyone here will pick it up and point you in the right direction.

Thank you both. I think I will put a food diary on here as I am sure the feedback would be really helpful.
X

Do not despair. Forget week one, make a list of all you eat and take it from there.

You will lose weight with SW if you educated yourself about the plan.

You go to class so that is a very positive move. You will get so much support.

Good luck with your weight loss.

I gained both week 1 and week 2 and again I think I did eat too much mainly pasta. I also think it depends on how much you where eatting before sw and how much you want to loss.

Thanks Sue, much appreciated X

Dont give up , week one it tricky , trying to get your head round all the info, hopefully you have understood now where maybe you went wrong and this week you will have a fantastic result.

are you putting up your food diary on mini mins to make sure everything is ok, when I fist did it took me a month to get my head around it and messed up several times, oops!

are you putting up your food diary on mini mins to make sure everything is ok, when I fist did it took me a month to get my head around it and messed up several times, oops!

I have started doing that, thank you. I am prepared to learn along the way :) thanks for sharing your experience. Nice to know I'm not alone! X

Back