Eating when finished SS

couteaux

Silver Member
Hi,

This is an incredibly premature thread as I'm only starting SS for the first time in a couple of days, but i'm all for planning ahead! ;) In the past i've lost weight with Slimming World but it's been so slow this time, i'm giving CD a go. I was wondering if once I have lost the weight I need to (at least 4 1/2 stone) if I could gradually go back to the slimming world plan? Is that a total no no re carbs? I have seen a lot of posts where it seems carbs are off limits once you do this plan.

Many thanks for any help/advice! I cant wait to start this and get some weight off! I'm so pleased I found this site!

Amy

Hiya Amy

Once you finish Cambridge then carbs are totally ok to eat! In fact the reason for Cambridge maintenance is to introduce them back in to your diet and hence there is no reason you can't do Cambridge to lose the weight and then a slimming world approach to maintain.

Mike

Thanks Mike! That is great news :D I feel even more positive about it now. Congratulations on your amazing loss and maintaining by the way! Good luck for the tummy tuck!

Amy

Glad you asked that question Amy as I had been wondering the same myself. Have done SW before with success and like it, but I am way too impatient and wanted a quicker solution, lol!

Good post Amy ~ I am in my 4th week on SS and like you am already considering how to move into maintenance. Not sure whether to move up the CD plans, or swop onto another method. I'm quite interested in the GI route as it not only promotes healthy eating, but you have foods which metabolise slowly and keep you feeling fuller for longer.

Great shout Amy! I too was wondering the same and am hoping to go onto SW after maintinence in the hope of sticking to my goal weight.

Keep us updated on your losses etc. All the best :) x

It is really good that you are thinking that way already. I have been off the plan for about 4 weeks due to illness and have put back on about 1 stone, so now I know that once this is over I can do slimming world (which I know off by heart!) then that has eased my worries... I am starting back on SS today but am still not better, but can't keep putting this weight back on!! Good luck with your journey it is an excellent diet..Love

Snap wigglychick! ;) I am far too impatient and after nearly 4 weeks staying 16.2, I thought I needed a bit of a push to get the weight loss going again, (I just want to start feeling smaller) but I do really enjoy SW and feels it fits in perfectly with family life, so I am so relieved its ok to do it after the SS.

Good luck everyone with this plan, it looks like you've all done really well already! I'm looking forward to hearing how you are all doing and i'll make sure to post my results too! I have the counsellor coming over today! :D

Amy

Sorry to hear you have been ill Nikki. Good luck getting back to SS and get well soon!

Hi all, I eat "normally" now, having worked the way up through the stages and can confirm that I eat carbs too, one thing I can say is that I limit them though, not because I have to, but because the need for carbs isnt there as much, its strange, I was a pasta freak before CD and now I rarely have it, I still eat Jacket potatoes though, just smaller ones than before, and I have been around goal since November last year, I have put 4lbs on in total, due to a week off, and will be using a healthy controlled diet to take that off. As long as you watch what you eat, find a healthy plan that works for you then you can stay at goal.

Snap wigglychick! ;) I am far too impatient and after nearly 4 weeks staying 16.2, I thought I needed a bit of a push to get the weight loss going again, (I just want to start feeling smaller) but I do really enjoy SW and feels it fits in perfectly with family life, so I am so relieved its ok to do it after the SS.

Good luck everyone with this plan, it looks like you've all done really well already! I'm looking forward to hearing how you are all doing and i'll make sure to post my results too! I have the counsellor coming over today! :D

Amy

Agree about SW fitting in with family life which is another reason I will go back to it afterwards, it is easy - just not quick enough :rotflmao:

Good luck with the visit with your counsellor :D

Back