Eating with CD

louisa26

i have seen some of you mention muffins etc is that on the SS one or another one

i dont really know the differences yet as i havent got my first meeting until fri

thank you

Hi Louisa

The only muffin I have heard of (apart from the mule of course) is the CD one where you microwave a shake pack after being made up in to a thick paste.

I used to have them and they made a welcome change

Muffins are just one of the things you can make with your packs. There should be a recipe thread flying around somewhere. I'll try to look for it for you.

Btw.. welcome to minimins :)

The Muffin

Shamelessly stolen from Mike's Blog, but credited to Gayle (Diva)

Ingredients :

1 VLCD Shake Pack

2 Splenda Tablets

Utensils :

Mixing Bowl

Spoon

Microwaveable Ramekin Dish

Method :

1. Assemble the ingredients.

2. Crush the sweeteners in a bowl using the back of a spoon.

3. Empty the pack of shake mix into the bowl and stir until the crushed sweetener and the shake mix are mixed together.

4. Gayle is not sure of the amount of water so recommends opening up the tap to more than a trickle but less than a full flow.

5. Add a little water at a time and stir, the same as if you were making pastry or bread.

6. Keep mixing until the mixtures appears very smooth but not runny.

7. You should be able to make peeks in the mixture but not so thick that the spoon stands up in it.

8. Get the ramekin dish.

9. Spoon the mixture into the disk smoothing out the top because it will cook in the exact shape that you put it in the dish.

10. Put in the microwave for approximately 100 seconds in a 900 watt microwave but adjust for your own machine.

11. Turn over onto the serving plate.

12. Lift up the ramekin and you have a delicious (ish!) muffin.

If you wish you can drizzle a little chocolate or vanilla sauce of the top which is made me mixing a teaspoon of shake with a teaspon of hot water and mixing to a runny paste.

Please note this recipe were kindly supplied by Gayle Edwards (Diva05) from the Discovery Health & Leisure Forums and I thank her for them :)

But don't cook or freeze more than one pack a day :)

Back