ebay!

daisydoll

Gold Member
hi
i'm really pleased i've made over £150 so far in the last 2 weeks selling my big clothes!

off to the trafford centre a week on wednesday to spend spend spend!!!

daisy x

Wow! That's a pretty good amount. I can never be bothered with ebay - Not sure whether I should bother this time or not.

I know this sounds an odd question - but is it okay to use, not too hard or frustrating?

I was addicted to it a few years ago and had to stop in the end! But don't let me deter you, its a good site and very easy to use.

Hi there, well I am officially the queen of e bay. Sell my childrens clothes every week... I buy and sell on there a hell of a lot. It is easy to use once you get started. Obviously it takes time like anything else but once you get going you can list things pretty quickly. A couple of things to remember, sell clothes at the right season or they won't make as much (so from march onwards sell summer clothes and from sept onwards sell winter bits), don't charge too high postage (its not as expensive as you think to post things, average womans long sleeve top will only be about £1.94 first class) as it puts people off, and put on a decent picture and a half decent description. Also list things at night time so they finish at this time as obviously more people are on line in the evenings. God I've rambled on for ages! Just be accurate in what you write and you will make a lot of money. Big clothes also sell really well as they are so expensive new so it really is worth a go.

hi
i would agree with all the above post!

it is really easy once you get in the swing of it em

i would def recommend it - for buying as well as selling

and you must have lots of stuff you have grown out of

daisy x

i have just got a BNWT (brand new with tags) £34.99 NEXT size 12 petite trousers for about £7 (and that included p&p)

I do a lot of ebaying and buying is MUCH easier than selling ! For selling you need to be set up with a good camera and ability to load images as nothing will sell without a good picture. Put Plus Size and 32, 5X or whatever in the title to help buyers find what they are looking for. They used to have a Plus Size category but did away with it amid much protest. The site is easy to use once you are set up with an eBay and paypal account which is essential. The question and answer forums are full of good info. Have a look and a browse. You don't have to sign in to read content and browse categories. Good Luck

Ooooh...think I may give this a bit of a go then!!

Spooky but I've just come from the eBay and Blogging part of this forum and found more useful info in this thread than over there!

I've got a load of bigger clothes now and could do with some spare cash to fund some unexpected bills that have come in :(

I was going to do it next weekend but I've gained a weekend this weekend after some plans have been cancelled so I'm going to get the photos done.

Luckily my Bro is a big buyer and seller so he's going to help me but I just have a couple of questions. Firstly how do you decide on what price to sell things at? I've looked on eBay and there's a huge variety of prices! Secondly, what about quality of items? For example I have a pair of really nice black jeans but they have faded, do you think they will still sell and I presume I should make sure I include such things in my description?

Thanks in advance :)

be as honest and accurate as possible.
if it has a small mark for example say so, and try and get a pic of it.

starting price is tricky. sometimes a 99p one will be good to get interest, but then it can backfire - someone has had an absolute bargain off me this afternoon - practically brand new next jeans for 99p - i wish i had put them on higher, but on the other hand i sold some others for £12

its good fun and you soon get the hang of it.

you do get charged fees tho so be ready for this - from both ebay and paypal, but usually i just add a few pence onto postage to cover this

daisy x

be as honest and accurate as possible.
if it has a small mark for example say so, and try and get a pic of it.

starting price is tricky. sometimes a 99p one will be good to get interest, but then it can backfire - someone has had an absolute bargain off me this afternoon - practically brand new next jeans for 99p - i wish i had put them on higher, but on the other hand i sold some others for £12

its good fun and you soon get the hang of it.

you do get charged fees tho so be ready for this - from both ebay and paypal, but usually i just add a few pence onto postage to cover this

daisy x

Thanks Daisy, my Bro warned me about fees and he always adds a bit on postage to cover this too.

He's suggested I just watch a few items for a couple of days to get a feel for prices. But even if someone has got a bargain, I suppose it's better than them sitting in my house earning nothing :D

Do you ever sell other items like bags and do these go well too?

Hi Westie girl, fees aren't too much of an issue at the moment as you can list things for free as long as the starting price is 99p and you only download one pic. So that takes away some of the worry about listing items that don't sell, as you will only pay a fee if the item sells, where as you used to pay a listing fee as well as a selling fee if you get what I mean. Practically everything sells though - and bags sell well from experience - depending on the size of them as obviously a heavy bag would weigh a lot and therefore cost more in postage.

As for what starting price to go for... think about what you would be upset to let the item go for... if you have a top that is worth say £30.00 and you would rather keep it or give it to someone than sell it for 99p then put it on a starting price you want. But bear in mind as Daisy said that it may obviously put buyers off. Its all a gamble really! Just don't take it too seriously. My feedback is in the thousands now and I've actually made quite a few friends from it! Good luck, and any time you need advice just holla! My e bay acc is helencp1 if you wanna have a look xx

good stuff. Let me know how you get on. x

OMG helen you really are the ebay queen!
8,000+ feedback
is it your full time job?!

i am a mere amature
daisy x
(tassie48)

ha ha no Daisy it is not but I have been selling and buying on there since 2003 so that might explain it! I have a bit of an addictive personality (food being top target!) and tend to buy my children way to many clothes. They always look immaculate, but whilst I am how I am I look like I've been dragged through a jumble sale! lol . Well not quite but I have no interest in what I wear. Whatever is clean and fits. Will be nice to start looking for clothes for me soon. I really am looking forward to actually enjoying getting dressed in the morning rather than the normal self hatred 10 mins of finding something suitable that is the current situation!

Ditto all the above! Love Ebay for buying and selling - I made £220 the last lot I put on a few months ago! I actually bought a mannequin, and I swear I made more money because of it!

I've bought my whole new wardrobe six times during this LL journey on there, and have another load waiting to go on - it does take time, and I hate posting out and wrapping the parcels, but needs must!

Sound advice as always, just wanted to add a bold striking title is a good way of attracting people to your post, make it stand out from the rest. Doesn't really apply for clothes I guess but if you really don't want to let something go for a measley sum you can always stick a reserve price on it, for a small charge.

Back