Economical moisturiser versus expensive stuff

fillymum

synful soul
Over the years ( such a lot of them ) I have used a great range of moisturisers. From the mega expensive to the cheap and cheerful.

I think one of my favourite brands was Clarins but these days the budget will not run to them. I have used one from Aldi for about 3 years now and am very happy with it especially as it only costs 2€ something and seems to suit my skin type.

Today when I was day dreaming about winning the lottery that was a thought that just popped into my head,( after I had given chunk of it away lol ) how much I would like to go back to Clarins.
Totally irrational I know when I am more than happy with my Aldi one.

I use Liz Earle cleanse and polish cleanser and toner and used to use moisturiser. But it costs a lot of money to me.
I tried Aldi serum and moisturiser and love them. They feel like they do the same job and feel fresh

So now I use Liz Earle cleanse and polish cleanser and toner but use Aldi moisturiser,saves a fortune.

My skin is really good for 44 ;)

I love the smell of Clarins!!

The Aldi moisturiser came top of one of those test thingies in some posh magazine like Elle a few years ago........

The only stuff that works on my patchy dry skin is Olay, the cheapest cream or lotion, any of the more expensive stuff just doesn't get rid of the dry patches

The new Lidl perfume has just beat Dior in a smell testing group - £4.99 a bottle! Tried to get it yesterday to have a sniffters but sold out! For cleansing, I am a Liz Earle girl but ran out and bought a completely natural one from Sainsburys for a fraction of the cost and it's great! xxx

The new Lidl perfume has just beat Dior in a smell testing group - £4.99 a bottle! Tried to get it yesterday to have a sniffters but sold out!

Ooo must try and get it tomorrow...that is if I like it.
Smell divine for a very small cost

Lidl’s very own perfume, Suddenly Madame Glamour EDP, has been literally flying off the shelves since it launched in May this year.
In a blind smell test conducted by the Perfumer’s Guild, 90% of women voted Lidl’s fragrance the winner when compared to Chanel’s Coco Mademoiselle. It just goes to show, not everything has to cost a fortune to make us feel glam. At only £3.99 for 50ml, we’ll be buying it in bulk. We wonder if any celebs will be heading down to their local Lidl?

• article1_landscape-1309356287.jpg

Whoops,chanel not dior!knew it was one of those i can't afford!x

Im a bodyshop Vit E cream girl..... A bit pricey but my friends daughter sells at home for them so i get free bits some time so not too bad :)

I hot footed it to my local Lidl and of course not only did they not have it but had never heard of it and didn't give a fig about it.

However whilst I was there I tried some of the others and found a really nice lemony one that reminded me of Miss Dior and only 4.99€ I have left it in the car and Paul is out in it. I can not remember the name of it, but it is good.

That reminds me, apparently Aldi do a concealer that rivals Touché Éclat! I might pop there this morning as I've never tried it and I need help lol!

I love the classic olay moisturising fluid. It's one of the best moisturisers I've used and I could spend a bomb on skincare! the only other moisturiser that tops it is Lush skin nanny but they discontinued it :(

I love the classic olay moisturising fluid. It's one of the best moisturisers I've used and I could spend a bomb on skincare! the only other moisturiser that tops it is Lush skin nanny but they discontinued it :(

Plus it smells lovely! I wish they'd bring out a body lotion that smells exactly the same!

Plus it smells lovely! I wish they'd bring out a body lotion that smells exactly the same!

I use it all over in the summer! I go through a bottle every two weeks then lol! Love it! Nothing better than that lovely fragrance after a hot shower. DH loves the smell too, soft and fresh and feminine :D

I have really dry skin on my face, I love using Body Shop body butters (got loads in a recent sale!) but they're a bit rich for the face. I use Simple's Derma Intensive Relief body lotion. It's suitable for face and body and proven to get results in 4 days. I got a huge 400ml bottle on offer in superdrug and as I tend to only use it on my face it lasts for ages.

Back