ED concerns

Hang on in there. People will always say you look too thin as it is a change from what they know. also your image inside your head has not adjusted yet to your new shape so you still see yourself as fat. (hope that makes sense). See your gp like you say and just hang on in there. It will get better but you have to acknowledge that things will be bumpy for alittle while but you will get through it. Your target is the same as mine and we are the same height. So :bighug:Take care of yourself.

I hope you do get some help I know only too well how easy it is to lose control. I lost 7 stone on SW (safely) over ten years ago which developed into Anorexia. I have been obsessed with SW for so long now, and still am. Within the past year I've also developed bulimia....well exercise bulimia and cuz of this I've gained weight. I'm healthy now in weight terms at least but am still obsessed with SW and am dying (quite literally) to be thinner. Losing weight should be a happy thing, a positive thing, but unfortunately some of us just take it too far and once you've crossed that line it's so hard to change and it really does take over your life. I would urge anyone to get help as soon as you see the signs because if you don't your life will be consumed by losing weight and it's no life to have, trust me.

Aw Lea, what a very brave post! And henny going to the gp is the best thing to do. Wishing you both well.

Lea what a brave post, I hope you find happiness in your life. Henny please keep us posted x

Thankyou lovely ladies for the replies. I am going to see a community psychiatric nurse tomorrow to discuss what's been going on. I have depression and bad anxiety too and think the eating problem comes from the low self esteem. I've seen a health trainer who advised me that the parts of my body I dislike so much won't really respond to undereating but things like swimming will. I've changed my target weight so there's not so much pressure on me.

Well done Hennyhamster,good on you. ( I'm a lovely bloke, not many of us on here I know....I have been asked before what dress size I'm down to LOL), keep us posted in your progress and how you get on with swimming or other exercise. I've been reading on a sports psychology forum about the psychological benefits of exercise, several studies say it helps raise self esteem and lower depression etc. Good luck Henny.

Having a hard time at the minute, my friends and family are concerned about me. I haven't had a single gain since I started slimming world and people are saying I'm too strict on myself. If I have a bad day and go over syns I cut back to around 0 syns for the rest of the week. I got a couple of awards this morning but came home and ate too much chocolate and then felt so guilty I made myself vomit. I know I have lost a few dress sizes but I still think I look big in the mirror. I am 6lb away from target and wondered to change it to 3lb but then I will still feel big. Don't know what to do :( Then my friend's partner said I've lost too much and look ill. :( What should I do?

Sending all my love, i have a very long history with anorexia where i was admitted to an edu at just under 5 stone .. i totally get how you feel, no matter what others say, it doesnt help! you have to remember that weight is just a number, as well as a BMI .. if you would like a friend to talk to, i can definitely relate .. stay strong honey xxx

Thankyou guys. I saw my cpn yesterday and he referred me to a crisis house, where I am now. Had a good talk and think I may be beginning to identify why things have gone so wrong. Hoping I feel a little better soon. Thanks again xx

Really glad ur getting help, so wish I had long ago. Unfortunately I'm so consumed by ED now it's taken over my life completely. However, I want to be able to use my experience to prove the importance of early detection it makes all the difference. I'm completely isolated it's an awful life to live. Sending masses of good luck to you :) xxx

Hi guys! I'm home and doing so much better. I got weighed last week and despite hardly eating I had a gain! This triggered something in my head and made me realise that starving myself wasn't going to make me lose weight. I have called target for now and am back to eating 3 healthy meals a day combined with a little exercise. I may lose a little more when I'm feeling more stable but thought calling target was a good idea for now. I'm working hard on building my self esteem and am trying to be nice to myself.

That's good news, glad your getting a hold on things x

Have been reading your post with interest due to past issues but so pleased you are home. It will take time but you sound like you are in a better place and heading in the right direction. Wishing you lots of luck and sending a big hug
x

Thankyou so much for the kind comments guys x My eating is soo much better and my mood is improving! Not been on the calorie counting site for a bit either. Trying to steer clear.

Back