Edamame beans- superfree?

cocktailprincess

Still rockin' it
Hi all

I go out a lot for sushi, but am stuck as to how to add my 1/3 superfree. I cannot find edamame beans online and wondered if anyone knew if these were superfree?

I know they are beans so may be synned on red, but green beans are superfree so am not too sure.............

Thanks in advance
x

Edamame beans are also known as soya beans - free but not superfree. They are pulses rather than vegetables.

No probs hon xx

I love sushi too!! Do they not serve salad/fruit where you go? I know that Yo Sushi do!X
Not that I'm aware of, but not really looked at the menu that hard as I am usually mesmerised by the conveyer belts of goodies- lol

I will have a proper look at the menu next time.........or just eat loads of pickled ginger :D:D:D

I lurrrve pickled ginger!! I went to the Yo Sushi in Cribbs Causeway Bristol- it's the conveyor belt type place too and they have lots of veg/fruit options! I love them!X

I could happily live off sushi forever.
I go to a place called 'Wasabi' in Manchester's Chinatown. It is amazing and quite a bit cheaper than yo sushi- it is always full of japanese people, which gives me confidence that it must be pretty good.

I suppose the seaweed is also superfree........maybe I could eat fruit before I go in

mmmmmmmm...sushi

I could eat pickled ginger all day!! Not that I'm sure that quantity would be good for me!

Does anyone have any syn info for sushi, I love it but find it hard to look up?
It is mainly free on EE- it is always best to check that they don't add oil to the rice (they shouldn't as it isn't authentic) and there may be syns in things like sesame seeds or any mayo they may have used in the rolls.

To stay safe, stick with the plainest looking ones- rice topped with fish and just jazz it up with the soy, wasabi and pickled ginger.

xxx

agent44, in the SW food directory in the 'smart syns' section it says that in Tesco, a 250g pack of fish sushi is 4 syns and 100g is 1.5 syns. The 139g pack (medium) is 2, a 203g pack of California Rolls is 4.5 and an 85g pack of sushi snack selection is 0.5. At least that gives you an idea, even if various makes differ a bit!X

OK, well I knwo that sushi rice isn't free though - it has sushi vinegar in it which contains sugar. I think I would work out the syns for my home made sush rice and use that.

agent44, in the SW food directory in the 'smart syns' section it says that in Tesco, a 250g pack of fish sushi is 4 syns and 100g is 1.5 syns. The 139g pack (medium) is 2, a 203g pack of California Rolls is 4.5 and an 85g pack of sushi snack selection is 0.5. At least that gives you an idea, even if various makes differ a bit!X

Ah yes, I was hoping for a sush section in the eating out syns guide, but that makes sense, thanks :)

Back