EE Can this be right?

BRUNTY

I am in my 3rd week on EE and i just want to clarify that i am allowed to pick at pasta, meat etc all day and not worry about it...arnt i??

It just feels a bit weird still..i made a giant batch of SW carbonara which is no syns and i nibble at it when it is cold for a couple of days.Is this ok to do on EE or does it have to still have a 3rd of veg with it

Confused:confused:

I wouldn't worry too much about the 1/3 rule where snacks are concerned. I would just focus on main meals. Having said that, limiting snacks to fruit and veg helps speed up weight loss and increase superfree food intake. Only my personal preference of course, you can snack on anything you like as long as its a free food.

I wouldn't worry too much about the 1/3 rule where snacks are concerned. I would just focus on main meals. Having said that, limiting snacks to fruit and veg helps speed up weight loss and increase superfree food intake. Only my personal preference of course, you can snack on anything you like as long as its a free food.

yeh I think this is a very useful answer! Also, something about the 1/3 superfree food bit...I think the reason for it is so you fill up on the superfree foods, so for instance if you were to have the cabonara as a main meal, you wouldnt have a large portion of cabonara, you'd have a medium portion and a portion of superfree food?

I'm not sure if this is what SW actually says or not, but thats kind of how ive interpreted it! x

Yep that's how I interpret it as well, just a clever way of controlling our portions without sacrificing satiety.

I am in my 3rd week on EE and i just want to clarify that i am allowed to pick at pasta, meat etc all day and not worry about it...arnt i??

It just feels a bit weird still..i made a giant batch of SW carbonara which is no syns and i nibble at it when it is cold for a couple of days.Is this ok to do on EE or does it have to still have a 3rd of veg with it

Confused:confused:
MMM thats sounds good carbonara!! where is the recipe for that please?
Janet xx

You need to search for it on the recipe thread. There are loads of brill receipes on there.

I think i have been doing it wrong then..

I think from your replies that i have been doing EE a bit wrong..i took it that i could eat unlimited amounts of say carbonara as no syns and free food on Green and Red...but it looks like not

The recipe i use is:
pasta
2 eggs
2 spoon fuls of creme freche
chopped ham

I boil the pasta and sieve and then add all of the other ingredients and then stir until the egg has cooked as this coats the pasta and tastes yummy hot and i love it cold

But i am sure there are other ways of cooking this too

Your carbonarra is free on EE and it's ok to snack on it but SW now suggest that your weight losses might be quicker if you only snack on fruit and veg most of the time.
I think if you are just starting out you will be fine snacking some of the time on other things while you get to grips with the plan.

I see

That makes sense, i nearly cried then when i read the other posts thinking i had completly misinterpreted the EE plan...i will still snack on other things than just fruit and veg but i will try and incorporate these in more

Thanks

I think from your replies that i have been doing EE a bit wrong..i took it that i could eat unlimited amounts of say carbonara as no syns and free food on Green and Red...but it looks like not

The recipe i use is:
pasta
2 eggs
2 spoon fuls of creme freche
chopped ham

I boil the pasta and sieve and then add all of the other ingredients and then stir until the egg has cooked as this coats the pasta and tastes yummy hot and i love it cold

But i am sure there are other ways of cooking this too
Thank you Jane XXX

I'm afraid to say that creme fraiche is not free. Syns vary depending on if it was full or low fat version. For a totally free carbonara use Fat free fromage frais or quark.

Tania

I'm pleased somone else spotted the creme fraiche!!!

Anyway, in answer to your question - yes you can snack on pasta, meat etc as it is a free food but SW do say "try to make superfree foods your first choice when it comes to snacking" and by that they meat fruit and veg.
Tbh, if you are having decent meals you don't really need to snack on "bigger" things (imo!), I tend to have a banana mid morning or an apple but I've stopped having something like a mugshot or supernoodles as a "snack".

I normally used my B choice as a snack for supper - but I will still have the superfree with it, I'll have ryvita with ham and slice tomato on it.

I make my carbonara with extra light philly & a bit of milk. I use a hex a on a ee day for this, but \I have a sneaky feeling that i can't do this anymore?

Is this right?

xxx

It must just be a B choice on green then, in which case it has to be synned. An ounce of philly light is only a couple of syns though.

Back