ee, red or green ????

josiejo1968

going to do it!!!!
Hi everyone,
im new to sw but not this site. think ive done every diet going in the past year and am still the same weight as i was when i started!! so after reading the sw website and reading all the sucess stories i took yhe plunge and joined a group on tuesday night.
Im very confused though :confused: do i have to do ee for the first week?? does it matter if i have a couple of red or green days plus ee?
Although im in this for the long haul, im going on holiday in 4weeks time and would love a kick start to my weight loss so just wanted to ask if there was aparticular plan on which the weight loss was quickest??
I have really enjoyed my first 3 days on this plan and dont feel like i could possibly lose weight eating wha i have been but have so far resisted the temptation to weigh myself, will wait til tues night at group.
Any advice would be most appreciated guys,

Jo xx

Hello and welcome xx

I am just back on SW I tend to do EE all the time to me I dont have to think about it too much - I have a 8lb weight loss in two weeks so thats not bad at all.
I dont think you have to EE I think it is a kick start thou ..

Good luck xxxx

You can do whatever plan you want in your first week :)

I chose to do Extra Easy in mine because it wasn't like as if it was "new" it's so easy :D

A friend of mine thought the same as you, that she wouldn't lose in her first week, she did red I think, she lost 5.5lb in her first week!

My losses have been slower, I lost 2.5lb in my first week but that's fine too, you keep chipping away to reveal a new figure, I lost 4 stone in 9 months and have been at target for 10 weeks! I went from 16-18 to an 8

Slimming World is not a quick fix, it's for life - there's ways of speeding up losses however :)

For me, I do EE and have 5 syns per day, 10 - 11 speed foods, loads of water and around 30 - 45 mins exercise per day - this is when I need a loss - I'm trying to maintain at present so this wouldn't be advisable to use lol

I've been doing s/w for 8 weeks now and have pretty much stuck to EE. My sister has been doing red and green and if you look at the % weight loss between the 2 of us (she was a lot bigger than me so looking just at actual weight wouldn't be accurate) we've lost about the same.

I think that changing from one to another can always give you a boost to stay on plan and vary what you are eating.

I guess you just have to do what you feel is right for you. My sister prefers doing red and green days where as I prefer EE.

Do what makes you feel good, happy and comfortable.

Good luck

xxx

HiLouise,
think i'll stick with the ee for this first week and see how i go . 8lb loss in 2 weeks is fab, hope i can do as well. Any loss this week would be great as what im eating is really nice and your right you dont have to think about it too much.Think i may keep a diary on here too to keep me motivated.

Jo xx

many thanks guys for the replies,angelbecki congrats what a fantastic weight loss, cant ever imagine myself at a size 8 or 4 stone lighter!! only in my dreams!!! honey74 thanks so much and good luck on your journey.
I feel really motivated by these replies thanks again guys:D

Jo xx

Hi there and welcome.
Some good advice already given, but I didnt want to read and then run.
Definitely vary what you have in a week. I tend to have 3 EE days and 4 Red, it has changed recently as it suits my working week. I average 1-2 lbs a week and Im happy with this.
Have a look at the food diary section on here to get some ideas of what to have. I keep on there as well, as its great for reference if you are struggling too.
The plan works if you stick to it, so any questions that you may have, please ask.

Good luck!!

x

Thanks mrs v, WOW what a weight loss!!!! omg this forum is so so so motivating!!! did you lose your weight with slimming world?

Jo xx

hiya!
i started with ee and pretty much(apart from 2 random green days) did ee all the way for the first 11 weeks!! my first week i lost 4lb and second 3lb.
last week i did a red week and it really made no difference to me at all and i only lost 1lb.
this week i am trying fishy week(see the thread on here!) and have done a lot of walking so hoping i get a good loss.

Do whatever you want too....you'll soon work out what suits you best and you'll be well away.these forums are an excellent source of support.

Hi Jo

Im like you, have only started on thursday and I like you, cannot belieeeeve i will lose weight eating what i am! Ive recognised ive eaten hardly any processed food or rubbish over the last few days but my portion sizes seem massive! Im praying for a loss but it seems hard to believe it will happen!

Ive also been on every diet going, havent done sw for a long long time and have never done EE so am hoping this is the answer to my prayers.

I dont think (being the novice that Iam) that you have to do EE in the first week, you can do any plan you like, any day.

Best of luck for weigh in, let us know how you get on x

You too kate, its so different to any other diet ive done. I totally agree with you about the processed food, everything ive eaten has been cooked from scratch and its fitting in with the whole family, which i must admit is a first!!
Im nervous about first weigh in incase ive put on ha ha!!
Keep on going and looking forward to your weigh in too. The weight losses seem so good for how much you can eat, im not makin a pig of myself just eating meals till im satisfied.
heres to Tuesday night and a loss:D:D

when do you weigh in?

Jo xx

Back