EE, Red or Green??

At the start I was disheartened because I wanted to report a massive loss in my first week like everyone seems to do. 1.5lbs was not the massive loss I had hoped for but that was weeks ago now and almost forgotten.

The point I was making then was just that I'm following plan 100% and I'm losing 0.5lb-1.5lb a week, give or take.

But to be fair from your stats it looks like you started at "only" around 12 stone. I appreciate you want to be less than this or you wouldn't be here, but the people who lose 4, 5, 6 pounds a week are usually those with a lot more to lose, the 15, 20, 25 stone people. As we get lighter we lose less per week.

Also the first week is in part a loss in fluids and the bulk of waste remaining in your system, so if you were still drinking and eating lots this might not happen. I only lost 1/2 a pound my first week and I average just over 2lbs a week (I am about 24 stone) That still adds up to getting on for 4 stone in 5 months! 1.5lb a week is exactly what you should be aiming for, and definitely no more at your size. Well done on losing as you are.:)

The point I was making then was just that I'm following plan 100% and I'm losing 0.5lb-1.5lb a week, give or take. If I'm following EE without the Superfree and it slows me down, it'll stop. I was more in jest than anything!!

You don't know that it will slow down so why worry about something that might not happen. it's only really an issue if your portion control isn't right and by the sounds of it you are not over eating.

breakfast I've got a Toffee Mullerlight and some ScanBran for my HEb. [...]

Lunch - Mugshot or Spaghetti hoops on toast, scarambled eggs or anything else that can be made this way.

So, would it be easier for me to do Red/Green to eliminate this shovelling of fruit down my neck for breakfast/lunch?

Breakfast is fine on either Red or Green as it doesnt involve meat or carbs, only HEXs and free food.

Your lunch would be a lot 'cheaper' on Green as it's carbs in pasta etc for the Mugshots, the toast and eggs are just HEX/free. In fact Green would be better here as you seem to have used 2 HEXBs (toast and Scan Bran) so you must be having to syn one of them - you only get ONE of each HEX on EE, whereas you get 2 on Red/Green.

Then for your tea you can have as much carbs (potatoes, pasta, pulses etc) as you like, plus veggies and your syns, or your other HEXes if you did in fact syn your toast.

I cant manage with EE as I miss my HEXs so I go Green nearly every day. If I want meat I use one of my HEXs and use the other 3 for toast in the morning as well as cheese, milk, oil, nuts or whatever to make my food tastier.

I'd definitely give Green or Red a try for a few days, see how it suits you.

Breakfast is fine on either Red or Green as it doesnt involve meat or carbs, only HEXs and free food.

Your lunch would be a lot 'cheaper' on Green as it's carbs in pasta etc for the Mugshots, the toast and eggs are just HEX/free. In fact Green would be better here as you seem to have used 2 HEXBs (toast and Scan Bran) so you must be having to syn one of them - you only get ONE of each HEX on EE, whereas you get 2 on Red/Green.

Then for your tea you can have as much carbs (potatoes, pasta, pulses etc) as you like, plus veggies and your syns, or your other HEXes if you did in fact syn your toast.

I cant manage with EE as I miss my HEXs so I go Green nearly every day. If I want meat I use one of my HEXs and use the other 3 for toast in the morning as well as cheese, milk, oil, nuts or whatever to make my food tastier.

I'd definitely give Green or Red a try for a few days, see how it suits you.

THANK YOU, that's exactly what I needed!
HEXA is simple, that's my milk in my tea daily with maybe some ELF triangles if I've not used all my allowance of milk. Most days I can easily eat 2 HEXBs, one of which I have to syn so on EE it's not ideal.

I'm thinking that green days are going to be the way forward. If I do a typical day as I would predict on Green, can you just please check that I'm not going wrong anywhere or misunderstanding.

Breakfast
Yoghurt with ScanBran (HexB)

Lunch
Jacket potato with spaghetti hoops (and salad if available)

Dinner
Pasta N Sauce with extra mushrooms
Frozen Muller light with a peach

Tea (about 5-6 cups a day with Semi Skimmed Milk)
2 litres of water
2 cans of diet coke

Snacks : 2 slices of wholemeal Nimble with LF spread (synned) and 2 slices of ham (synned)
Fresh Fruit/Celery with FF cottage cheese/Carrot sticks

...or am I totally missing the point?

Meeeeehhhhhhhh.

Breakfast*
Yoghurt with ScanBran (HexB)

Yep, 1 HEXB for the ScanBran (for 5), otherwise free (as long as yogurt is fat free)

Lunch*
Jacket potato with spaghetti hoops (and salad if available)

All free

Dinner
Pasta N Sauce with extra mushrooms
Frozen Muller light with a peach

Yep, pasta n sauce are mostly free or very low syns on Green, rest is free

Tea (about 5-6 cups a day with Semi Skimmed Milk)

Yep 1 or 2 HEXA for the milk, depending how much you use (tho tbh I don't even measure mine :D )

2 litres of water*
2 cans of diet coke

All free

Snacks : 2 slices of wholemeal Nimble with LF spread (synned) and 2 slices of ham (synned)

Yep the bread, ham and spread will be synned but I expect it will leave you with a few syns left over (I estimate the above at about 10-12 syns) and you may still have a HEXA left depending how much milk you used which you could spend on cheese or something? You can have 500ml of semi skimmed a day for your 2 HEXAs.

Fresh Fruit/Celery with FF cottage cheese/Carrot sticks

All free

ScanBran, Nimble and ham can all be HEXes so are interchangeable depending on how much you want of each.

Looking at this I'd say you're perhaps not eating enough, but its hard to say without seeing the quantities of stuff like fruit, salad, carrots etc that youre eating and I appreciate youre not that heavy (compared to some of the rest of us :D ) Id say you ought to eat more fruit & veg but then I appreciate you said you were finding it a problem eating so much superfree as required on EE so if that's your main problem I'd say Green was for you as it's definitely not necessary to eat them if you don't actually need/want them, theyre just good for the nutritional content, fibre, and to fill you up etc. Anyway have a go and let us know how you get on, good luck x :)

That's great, thank you.

I was thinking my 2nd HEXb would be the bread in my snack.

It's only a typical day anyway it's not what I'm having or had, just a sample selection of what I might have. Portion sizes I don't think are that much of an issue to be honest. The yoghurts I refer to are Mullerlight or Shape Zero, Pasta N Sauce is the whole packet, spaghetti hoops is half or a whole can depending on how hungry I feel at the time.

With snack fruit and veg, I can easily have half a bag of prepared carrots or about 5 sticks of celery. I just like the crunchiness of them and it stops me eating crisps. I should probably eat more for breakfast but I have to have it at my desk and would normally use Grab and Go HEX's. I don't always fancy it either.

So do you have to have 1/3rd SF with red/green days then or not? Tbh I think that's why EE didn't work for me because I was struggling to eat that many veggies but I've sts on mostly green this week and now I'm wondering if that's why?

So do you have to have 1/3rd SF with red/green days then or not? Tbh I think that's why EE didn't work for me because I was struggling to eat that many veggies but I've sts on mostly green this week and now I'm wondering if that's why?

No, you don't. It's always good to fit lots of fruit and veggies in and the rules about portion control, eating til you're full and no more and all that still apply, but its not compulsory to eat 1/3 superfree on green or red. It's still important not to overstuff yourself on carbs just because theyre free, just the same as you shouldnt overstuff yourself on meat just because its free.

Im not very good with potatoes, I only have them once a week cos I can eat 2/3 of a plate of them no problem and then I obviously dont lose weight. You still have to use your judgment and not overdo it.

Thanx Ermintrude, I'm glad about that, its just that Kingleds earlier post about her consultant saying the rule applies to all 3 plans had me worried lol! I eat tons of fruit, I struggle more with the veg so green/red are far better plans for me :)

Thanx Ermintrude, I'm glad about that, its just that Kingleds earlier post about her consultant saying the rule applies to all 3 plans had me worried lol! I eat tons of fruit, I struggle more with the veg so green/red are far better plans for me :)

Yeah I read that too and wondered what it was all about :confused: The 1/3 SF rule has never applied to Green/Red before, and its always worked for me. I guess its always possible they might change it but its always worked in the past, so I dont see why they would. If it aint broke dont fix it, thats what I say. :)

Thank you, I totally get the whole fill up on SF foods first and 80% of the time I think I have over half superfree anyway. It's just those times, like right now for instance, I'm at work at my desk and for breakfast I've got a Toffee Mullerlight and some ScanBran for my HEb. This is fine for my breakfast and will take me right through until lunch but it doesn't qualify for EE as it has no SF. So, up until last week, I'd have a banana or some cherries or the like with it. This is what I mean by eating more than I would want. Eating fruit with it would defeat the object, it's more than I would want.

Lunch, I have access to a toaster and a kettle and a microwave. I'm happy enough with a Mugshot or Spaghetti hoops on toast, scarambled eggs or anything else that can be made this way. But again, I've got to go out to the supoermarket to get fresh salad or fruit every 2-3 days and really, I could just eat the egg on toast without it and be full enough.

So, would it be easier for me to do Red/Green to eliminate this shovelling of fruit down my neck for breakfast/lunch?

Evening meals are fine because I either eat the vegetables that the family have and cook some quorn sausages (now synned!) or have a salad with a jacket potato. Evening meals are easily interchangable for green or red. ie. I can either have pasta or meat!

The food you suggested (red) would be a typical green day, so you'd just have to limit the amount of meat (if any) you have in your main meal (although if you'd had toast and scan bran during the day you wouldn't be able to have meat unless you synned it).

I think you slightly missed the point about 1/3 superfree to limit free foods. Breakfast for instance you would eat the banana first in order to fill you up therefore eating less free food (the mullerlight) rather than having the 1/3 superfree as an afterthought because you have to have it.

It might be worth switching to green/red days if you think that EE is going to make you eat more than you actually want too.

Do a search on the forum for green days and it'll bring up loads of threads explaining in detail what you can do on a green/red day (it's been a few years since I did them!)

xx

Guys- just wanted to clear up any confusion on the 1/3rd superfree. My consultant def said it applies to all plans - but is far more important on extra easy. If you read the plans they say try & have a 1/3rd sf with red & green

Even on extra easy its just guidelines not rules.

Thanx Kingleds I'm following the plan from home so need all the extra info I can get!

Mm I guess when Ive done it previously Superfree didnt even exist, so there was no necessity to fill your plate 1/3 free with it :D It worked for me then so Im sure it will still work now. I shall just continue to use my common sense that a plate entirely full of potatoes/pasta/mince aint gonna lose me no weight ;) :D

Guys- just wanted to clear up any confusion on the 1/3rd superfree. My consultant def said it applies to all plans - but is far more important on extra easy. If you read the plans they say try & have a 1/3rd sf with red & green

Even on extra easy its just guidelines not rules.

Consultants tend to vary on what they tell you. The website tells you that you have to do the 1/3 superfree on EE - thems the rules.

But on red/green it's not a rule, just guidance.

xx

I'm not gonna do 1/3rd sf on green/red or else I'll be struggling the same as I was on EE. I did slimming world a few years ago before EE was "invented" and it worked then without following that rule. The last thing I wanna do is give up cos I can't stick to that rule.

I'm not gonna do 1/3rd sf on green/red or else I'll be struggling the same as I was on EE. I did slimming world a few years ago before EE was "invented" and it worked then without following that rule. The last thing I wanna do is give up cos I can't stick to that rule.

I don't follow the 1/3 SF rule when I have a red/green day.... You shouldn't really need to.

xx

Stackhead said:
I don't follow the 1/3 SF rule when I have a red/green day.... You shouldn't really need to.

xx

I agree - i seem to add so much veg on both green & red days its not a problem anyway.

Here's a question for you.....I decided to have an EE day today purely because I knew I was gonna have a carvery for lunch. So my breakfast was weetabix and banana, my lunch was the said carvery (mmmmmmmmmm)I had a banana and a peach about an hour and a half ago, but the problem is I'm still too full to want anything for tea lol!! If I don't have another meal, but maybe say a muller yogurt a bit later, does this still qualify as an EE day?

Blue Bunny said:
Here's a question for you.....I decided to have an EE day today purely because I knew I was gonna have a carvery for lunch. So my breakfast was weetabix and banana, my lunch was the said carvery (mmmmmmmmmm)I had a banana and a peach about an hour and a half ago, but the problem is I'm still too full to want anything for tea lol!! If I don't have another meal, but maybe say a muller yogurt a bit later, does this still qualify as an EE day?

Yes I think so hun.

Back