Eeeek! No going back

Chubby chick 2023

Silver Member
Aaargh- have just put my first order in with slim and save- 100 pounds for 28 days!

Have decided to do the lifestyle plan as I think it will suit me best.

Don't know what my stats are at the moment- too scared to weigh myself as I know I have just been piling it on since the end of June.

Feel so guilty about the cost but really wasn't shifting the weight any other way- so am going to go and ebay as much as possible to pay this money back into the family kitty.

I always thought I would never do a meal replacement diet- but have just had enough of stuffing my face and feeling bad.

I have a friends wedding to go to on the 7th December. I would like to lose two stone by then.
That's the goal. I won't lie- I'm really daunted but I've read good things about this plan- and have had success with low-carb before. If others can do it there's no reason I can't!!!

(Wish me luck?)

Good luck.

Just think how much money you would have spent on food/snacks/meals out/coffees. It all adds up eh. Well that's how I try and justify it :) x

Well done on taking the first step. Once you're through the first week it does truly get easier. Space out your 'meals', fill up on water, tea/coffee, etc and master the key of distraction! Keeping busy and using these forums will really help!
Good luck! Xx

Just a thought- would anyone recommend doing low carb for a few days to get into ketosis before starting this plan? I take about
2-3 days to get into ketosis and this way I wouldn't have to feel hungry? Or do you just recommend I get started when I get my packs?

It's totally a personal decision, it makes sense to do that. I however ate all my favourite things which made me feel a bit sick actually. I then felt mentally ready to take on this challenge. I knew I would never eat like that again and it was my way of saying goodbye to that way of living. After this it'll be everything in moderation.

I know some people do a low carb first and yes it'll then help prepare your body.

Good luck with whatever you decide hun xx

Well, had a massive munch last night and now have a bleurgh sugar hangover.

Am out all morning so won't get my delivery til about midday and was worried about what if anything I should eat in the morning as I really want to start the plan today - well, no problems now- can't face anything!!

This morning has reaffirmed my need to do this diet- my drawers and wardrobe are stuffed with clothes and I only have two pairs of trousers that fit- and one of them is leggings!!!

Will weigh tonight but as I don't want to know what I weigh at the moment , will get my husband to do it and not tell me the number and just get him to tell me the loss (if any) next week.

Still feel unbelievably guilty about the amount I've spent so will have to do this and do it properly!

Aargh- just had text to say delivery wont be here til half five. So that puts paid to starting today! Grrrr. Also- have a night shift on Sunday so not sure it's a good idea to have that on day two!! Ho hum, guess I'll low carb today in preparation. Am disappointed :(

Hey :) I just wanted to say good luck! Just a thought... Firstly you might be best starting tomorrow when you can fit in all of your packs and meals... I have learnt from experience it's really not great missing them! When I did this last year I missed a lot just because I was but and I didn't find them easy to mix when I was out and my hair was falling out in chunks... I am not saying you would do that but it was a really easy habit to fall into especially once ketosis kicked in because I wasn't hungry...

Secondly maybe best to weigh in first thing in the morning rather than the evening? I am/was (long story) a daily weigher and I could be 5lbs heavier in the evenings... But then I guess that's up to you....

Anyway good luck what ever you decide to do... The results are amazing if you stick to it, the first few days are hard, stay busy and keep drinking the water and you will be fine!!

Ah that's such a shame when you're hyped up to do it!!
When you're thinking of starting remember Day one is easy because you feel hyped and excited. Day two you still have the same "yeah I'm doing something about this" feeling. Day 3 is a bit pants! And usually day 4 or 5 the ketosis fairy visits and it gets easier from there.
Will you be able to sleep on the Sunday before your shift and on the Monday after?
I used to do random shift work when I did the Cambridge diet, but couldn't sleep in the day or the day after. So when I did the diet I chose a 24 hour period usually 10am til 10am and had my packs during that time. Then once 10am the next morning rolled in I started my new lot of packs for that day. (Although once I only made it to 9.30am before giving in!!) It is really hard when faced with a challenge like that. But it is possible.

Good luck and when you do start remember you're not alone - there's always people on here to help give you a motivational push and listen to your worries :)
It's hard but the results are totally worth it!!
Xx

Thanks guys- re the weighing I completely agree- weight should only be taken stark naked, first thing in the morning, after a wee and before a cuppa - HOWEVER...... If I do an evening weigh for the first one my "loss" will seem even greater the following week :D. (The daft things we do eh?).

For the night shift that's a really good idea- my main concern is not so much energy or hunger (it's basically a night 'sit' where I don't do much at all) but not wanting to go to the loo too much- it's in a family home and I already feel bad about using the loo or making a cup of tea in case I disturb them. I think I will start tomorrow (as soon as I've had a good read of the leaflet that comes with the packs) as long as I feel better. Actually feel really rubbish and nauseous today. My son had a tummy bug a couple of days ago and I'm worried I've picked it up. Oh well- that'll help with the weight loss anyway!

So felt a bit poorly all day- which meant I hadn't eaten anything by the time mr slim and save delivered his goods- so have got cracking as quite frankly a tiny little bit of food is all I fancy.

Have had a bar (okayish- am sure it'll taste nicer when I'm hungry/craving something sweet) and the cheesy pasta which I failed to cook properly and was more like cheese soup with crunchy bits in it. Quite enjoyed it though!!

Might have a protein meal later tonight but probably the best thing for me is to get an early night and shake this bug off. Don't think it's a bad idea starting when I'm under the weather because a small, nutritionally balanced snack is probably the best thing for me right now.

Will get hubby to weigh me and not tell me later. Will prob spend the rest of tonight looking through inspirational diaries and trying to pick up tips.

So day 1: (feeling poorly) bar - cheesy pasta pack

Day 2: chocolate Truffa bar (nice). Chilli (nice). Choc mint shake (okay) and tonight I think I'll have a couple of boiled eggs with some broccoli.

Not feeling hungry (prob more to getting over a sickness bug but I'll take it!).

Roll on day three!!

Good luck you will defo lose 2 stone well before 7th December! I weigh in on Monday so will have a better idea if what I've lost then but in 5 weeks I've lost 2lbs short of 2 stone! I did ww for first 2 weeks and lost 8lbs the rest has been s&s :) I'm aiming for about 4 stone by next March x

Thanks guys- two stone would be amazing but clearly it can be done! If anything am hungrier after my 'real' food. Oh well, a glass of water and an early night for me then...... Still working out how to handle the night shift tomorrow. (8-8). Think I'll have three packs in the day- then real food about 10.30pm then a shake at about 4am and then nothing til i wake up at about 1pm, but will take an extra bar with me- no sense getting weak with hunger or breaking the diet.

So at work now. Today has been ok although I did have an extra bar. But my reasons were I was quite hungry- it wasn't time for my scheduled Pre-work meal pack and you can cope with a bit of hunger when you think- I'll just have an early night, but when bedtime is not til 9am the next day feeling hungry and low energy is not ideal- better one extra bar than a whole box of coco pops. Keto-stick say I'm in ketosis but am still suffering from empty tummy syndrome so in guess I'm probably not drinking enough- so today I've had

8.30 chocolate shake (yum)
11.45 lemon bar (yum)
2.45 choc coconut bar (okay- naughty extra though)
17.45 cottage pie pack (seriously yummy- was worried it'd just be slop but I REALLY enjoyed it)

At work at the moment and will have some ham at 10pm then will start again from midnight - planning to have a bar and a shake before my end of shift and go hungry later in the day if I need to. No sense getting hungry tired and weak before my drive home!! Also have some diet energy drink which I know I shouldn't have as it contains citric acid but I'll get some coke zero for next week. CA never stopped me getting into ketosis on Atkins- I lived on diet coke! Not going to cut energy drink out tonight - again it's a 1 hour drive home on the motorway at 8 in the morning- need my wits about me!

Done quite well on eBay tonight- made about
35 quid.
Was so tempted to immediately buy something else, payapl money doesn't seem like real money does it? But I figured no, I'll pay it off the credit card I used for this diet instead- if I can make the hundred quid back before the month is up the guilt of depriving my family won't be there and I can justify another month. Also makes sense as if i keep up this diet I won't fit in the clothes anyway and so I might as well sell them!! :D

Now.... Where's that ham......

Back