eeek! I weighed at a friend's house and...

JoJoJo

Well...I weighed myself yesterday and I've put on 3lb apparently! I normally weigh in on a Tuesday at 7pm before tea. I weighed in at 9pm after tea yesterday and couldn't believe I was 3lb heavier. I've stuck to plan really well this week cos sts last week. I really want a loss, I need one to motivate me to keep going! Only thing I can think was I had jeans and a sweater on and normally I'm in my wi dress! I'm dreading tomorrow's wi now!

If you have kitchen scales that will cope with it, weigh your sweater and jeans. You'll be surprised how much they weigh. It was the wrong clothes, wrong day and wrong time of day. You'll be fine when you go for WI.

I would not go by your scales, as they do all vere and i have found this out.

Step away from the scales!!!!
Weigh when you are supposed to and not before, as your weight fluctuates on a daily basis.
Your friend's scales are going to be different to yours, so stick to what you weigh on usually Huni.

My mother's scales said I'd lost 5lbs in 2 days, and then put on 7lbs the next day. DO NOT use different scales. Stick with your chosen scales, time and outfit. Trust me.

thanks everyone. just couldn't believe it. i'll keep my fingers crossed for tomorrow then.

Your friends scales won't be calibrated the same as the ones you usually WI on so there is absolutely no point in stepping on unfamiliar scales. My mum has exactly the same scales as me but I am a lb heavier on hers due to the fact they are set on a different floor!

My parents scales say I'm 3lbs lighter than my own do! Which is a very nice boost temporarily, but then you feel completely pants when you get back on your proper scales! It would appear your friend's scales are the opposite!

Don't be disheartened. Do weigh in when you should.

YOU'LL BE FINE!

(keep us up to date with how you get on!) :)

Mine are about 3 or 4lbs heavier than my class ones!!! And then, if I move them 3 steps (to the other side of my tiny bathroom) I am 4 lb heavier again! Madness.
I just WI at class now, and ignore them as best I can for the rest of the week!

thanks for all of your messages. I'm pleased to say you were all right...I lost 2lb at wi last night. Happy with that! Not going near another set of scales ever!

Lol...well done on the loss Huni, all that unnecessary worry!

Mine are about 3 or 4lbs heavier than my class ones!!! And then, if I move them 3 steps (to the other side of my tiny bathroom) I am 4 lb heavier again! Madness.
I just WI at class now, and ignore them as best I can for the rest of the week!

I have the same problem - my weight goes up and down depending what part of a room I'm in, what type of floor there is etc, madness! I wish I could stop weighing myself at home becuase it drives me mad!

Well I can gain 3lbs in 2 secs just by moving the scales 2 ft to the left. I now only weigh once in the same place and am lot more happier.:D

I have the same problem - my weight goes up and down depending what part of a room I'm in, what type of floor there is etc, madness! I wish I could stop weighing myself at home becuase it drives me mad!

Get rid of your scales altogether - chuck them out! That'll stop you! ;)

Well done for losing the 2lbs this week! And hate to say it, but we all told you so!

Reactions: Taz
my moms scales weigh 7lbs less than SW. So, I stick to SW now :) xxx

Back