Eeek, I've just made my avator a pic of me

jodidi

Silver Member
:( I got my hubby to take some pics the other day. And I was disgusted at how large and wobbly I'm. I know I'm big but I avoid mirrors as much as possible so these pics were an unpleasant suprise even tho I knew it was going to be bad. Also I know I've got big boobs but good grief they are masssssive, lol!

I'll tell you what tho, its given me even more motivation to get this weight off.

Its funny tho because I know I'm big but in my head I dont feel that big so I always get a shock with mirrors or shop windows. Anyone else feel like this?

My body tell me i'm a size 30/32, but my brain tells me i'm only a size 12!
Looking forward to the day my body is the same as my brain, lol!

Yes hun i totally agree, on mothers day i went to the beach with my parents, dogs ect.... had my photo taken with mum and needless to say i horrified when i got home and checked the photos!!!!!!
But like you this was the kick up the backside i needed to get this weight off. :)

:( I got my hubby to take some pics the other day. And I was disgusted at how large and wobbly I'm. I know I'm big but I avoid mirrors as much as possible so these pics were an unpleasant suprise even tho I knew it was going to be bad. Also I know I've got big boobs but good grief they are masssssive, lol!

I'll tell you what tho, its given me even more motivation to get this weight off.

Its funny tho because I know I'm big but in my head I dont feel that big so I always get a shock with mirrors or shop windows. Anyone else feel like this?

I totally feel like that!
....and then catch sight of my reflection in a shop window and wonder who the fatty is behind me! :eek: :rotflmao: - I really hate having photos taken, so it will take quite a bit of a body change for me to feel brave enough to put one up here, I'm far too chicken! lol

I totally feel like that!
....and then catch sight of my reflection in a shop window and wonder who the fatty is behind me! :eek: :rotflmao: -
:8855:

We can all do it, we can lose the weight. We should have a good long look at the photos windows, lol and use them as inspiration.

What has surprised me is that I have lost just over 1 1/2 stone-and noone has noticed! i feel better, my clothes fit better, but due to my size it obviously hasn't made much impact-yet!
I also have never felt particularly big, but at over 17 stone and 5ft 2 I obviously am-and i am also so shocked when i see photos as that is not how I see myself at all-what denial!! lol

I used to be like that, now I get from folk "what you doing on a diet, you don't need to diet" if only that was true, I still see myself as big though even after the loss of 2.5 stone

I was just saying the same the other week... I'm always shocked/disgusted when I see photos of myself :( How did I become so big and not realise?

I used to get so annoyed when my dad would say I needed to lose weight but I think I'm finally seeing myself how others see me and it's not nice. It's a bit of a wake up call realising you're not the slim person your mind thinks you are!

I agree RM07, its amazing how good we are at fooling ourselves! But the good thing is we are here now, and the weight is going down! Lol

Very true... it would be easier to think 'well I'm big now so there's nothing I can do' (I felt like this for a while) and remain in denial but we are here and we are making changes.

Very true... it would be easier to think 'well I'm big now so there's nothing I can do' (I felt like this for a while) and remain in denial but we are here and we are making changes.

Couldn't agree more! Here's to us all! :happy096:

i hated that feeling of trying on clothes and them being too small it's an awful feeling nothing fits and changing room mirrors make you look huge i used to come out feeling sick and there is always some size 8 woman running around with no pants on showing the world her cellulite free ass gggrrrr , i thought i looked fine till i had a photo taken out with all my friends and realised i was the fat friend when i am at target that photo is getting put on the before and after thread i cannot wait

I'm finally seeing myself how others see me and it's not nice.
I agree. I think that looking in the mirror or at a photo is good now tho because you need to see yourself as you truely are or you dont progress and you just live in denile. I just dont want to look like this anymore :(

I agree. I think that looking in the mirror or at a photo is good now tho because you need to see yourself as you truely are or you dont progress and you just live in denile. I just dont want to look like this anymore :(
You won't look like this much longer Jodidi! You've got the power to change it and I think that's one of the key things to remember - I need to remember it myself sometimes! :)

Jodidi, I know exactly how you feel! I always avoided photos until Christmas when my family insisted upon piccies for frames....people were beginning to think they didn't have a daughter! lol. It was those that gave me the kick up the arse to start SW. It's fab that it's motivated you :)

I recently had some new pics (willingly may I add :)) and didn't hate them :eek: First time in years!! So here's me sending you positive vibes to have that same gratifying experience :D:D

Thanks guys for the encouragement :D. One of the many things I've learnt about myself recently is that I can have all the encouragement and help but, ultimately it must come from me. Like you said Oh-Amy I have the power to change me, only I can do it. In the past I've blamed family for not keeping me on track, or events cropping up but I always had a choice and it wasnt fair on my family to put that on them then blame them when I chose to cheat and then go completely off plan. So, I am now taking full responsibility for myself, I choose what goes in my mouth and I choose to exercise because I want to and its doing me good. :D Thanks for listening to me ramble :D

Were we separated at birth? I can echo all your words exactly! It's such a shock to see this fat middleaged woman in a shop window! I have selective sight now! But the mirror in the staff loo tells it all, so I stand in front of it and suck everything in to see if there are any other creases!lol! I'm going to get photos taken every month and put them in a folder on my computer so I can have a record of my weightloss.
Oh and the mirror in the loos at Tesco in Scarboro makes you look 3" taller and at least a stone thinner! (I must get one!)

Back