Eek licked my finger by accident!!!

Hi, I'm Claire- only been on lipotrim 2 weeks, so finding my way. Have stuck to it religiously, then tonight whilst preparing my boys tea I licked my finger- had a bit of choc sauce on! Will this throw me out of ketosis? I know it may sound paranoid but I don't know anyone else on this so have noone else to ask... Thanks :)

Hi, I'm Claire- only been on lipotrim 2 weeks, so finding my way. Have stuck to it religiously, then tonight whilst preparing my boys tea I licked my finger- had a bit of choc sauce on! Will this throw me out of ketosis? I know it may sound paranoid but I don't know anyone else on this so have noone else to ask... Thanks :)

I honestly don't know Claire, but would guess that it wouldn't be enough to throw you out of ketosis........others here might have a more definite answer for you tho :)

Thanks for reply :) I lost 7lb first week- weigh in tomorrow but don't feel I have lost as much this week. When is your week 3 weigh in?

i felt the exact same last week...ended up losing 4........weigh in is Thursday, trying really hard this week and drink all the water so kinda looking forward to thursday lol

Lol comes to something when you look forward to weighing in!! This week I have sat through three social events and ate nothing- including a four course meal I cooked myself for guests (pavlova with cream, berries and choc sauce, my fav!!) and didn't cave once. Am so proud... Hoping licking chocolate sauce off my finger is not devastating!! My pharmacist says he has one lady who eats three meals a week on lipotrim and still loses, lucky girl!! I am 13st- want to get back down to 10 x

It shouldn't matter too much. I think it means your body with switch to burning that as energy rather than fat but as its such a miniscule amount its not going to take long to burn off. It shouldn't kick you off ketosis :) If you had a spoon full of choc sauce then it might!
xx

Oh and well done for cooking a 4 course meal and not caving! Yesterday I just put a oriental selection pack in the oven for my hubby and that made me salivate! Mmm prawn toast :p

hahaha i remember feeling the same panic as you when i licked chicken fajita sauce off my finger, i spat it out though. I think you're ok as i doubt that would take you out of ketosis x

Ah thanks everyone. Was a bit disappointed with only a 3.5lb loss this week- cant help feeling with under 500 calories a day I should be losing more! Did anyone else feel like that?

Ah thanks everyone. Was a bit disappointed with only a 3.5lb loss this week- cant help feeling with under 500 calories a day I should be losing more! Did anyone else feel like that?

If you're disappointed with that youre going to be disappointed a lot. 3.5 is brilliant its bang on for a stone a month. Realistically its unlikely youll have many weeks where youll lose more x

Hi Claire, I think most people feel a little disappointed at some point. I know I have, but the thing to remember is that's its not just about the number on the scale. You are doing a diet that will retrain your brain and your tastebuds, adjust your relationship food to maintain for the rest of your life as well as guarantee a loss each week. All we have to do is stick at it. You're doing great so far!!

Back