Effects of cheating

Sam

Banned
As you might have read in the other thread I had a very bad experience in the mall. People were laughing at me because of my weight. I have to eat a piece of cake at home because I was so frustrated. Luckily it was almost okay with my points. But I was wondering in general what would happen if you don't stick to the weight watchers program for a day or two? Will you gain weight again at once?

As you might have read in the other thread I had a very bad experience in the mall. People were laughing at me because of my weight. I have to eat a piece of cake at home because I was so frustrated. Luckily it was almost okay with my points. But I was wondering in general what would happen if you don't stick to the weight watchers program for a day or two? Will you gain weight again at once?

Sam - it can take up to 7 days for weight to show on or off you on the weightwatchers program. I have found more often than not if I have a dreadful week, it'll show on the next weight in. If I have a week where I went a bit off the rails one day it'll show up as a maintain. However, some weeks when I've done lots of exercise it can take up to 2 weeks for that to show up as a weight loss. It basically depends on your individual metabolism and how your body deals with weightloss.

The best thing to do is, if you have a bad day. learn from it an move on to the following day as a fresh start. If it was a total disaster you can save up to 4 points on each following day before your weigh in to try to make up for it but I just think you'd be better to start afresh and forget about your bad days.

Hope this helps
Edel.

Depends HOW MUCH of a bad day youve had too. Sometimes youll be able to pull back an 'overspend' but as Edel says it might not show up immediately.

The best thing really is draw a line under it, you know what triggered it which is half the battle. Dont let it put you off track

*HUGS*

But what about christmas for example? I think it will be very difficult to stick to the weight watchers program during this time? Or what do you think? I mean this will be my first christmas with weight watchers, but maybe I am just making a mountain out or molehill and there is no problem to stick on the program during this time!

I dont think Christmas will be too hard. With a traditional Christmas dinner, turkey is very low in points, veggies are free, potatoes are countable etc. I think its down to individual choice though, do you just not count at all over the period, but then is that just an excuse not to stick to the diet? Or just eat sensibly.

Personally I dont plan on counting my points on Christmas Day but by the same token, I dont plan on pigging out on sweets, chocolate and cake. Ill have my breakfast as usual, a nice sensible lunch then a Christmas dinner with the family. I dont really expect to be much, if any over my point allowance.

Yeah I also thought about giving myself a few days off, but I am sure that this won't be a very good idea for me. Probably I couldn't resist eating all these yummy christmas cookies. So I decided to count my points as usual. And maybe it is really not too difficult. It seems like there are some people in here who say that it is possible! So we will see!

Back