Egg fried rice-want some for lunch??

fionao

Does anyone know how to make egg fried rice, i really fancy some for lunch, do i just cook the rice then put it in a frying pan and crack some eggs in and mix until they are cooked??
Hope someone can help-Im starving!!!!

Thats pretty much it!
Add some veg and herbs and spices if you like nom nom nom

I tend to make make scramble with fry light then mix into the rice. I find that it spreads better through the rice.

Q

I really want this now but im on a red day!!!!

Thanks ladies, rice is cooking, dont know if ill be able to wait for it to cool down-ill try!
Ill try putting the eggs in with the rice this time and next time ill do the eggs first and see which is best.
Mmmmmm, cant wait, they better be good-lol! xxxx

I usually cook the rice first then leave it in a pan of cold water to cool down. Whisk some eggs, salt and pepper and chuck in a pan so it's almost set to omlette stage then scramble it up, chuck in the rice and anything else you want - sorted!

Is this egg fried free on EE if you use the fry lite in your pan ? sounds lovely

I spray my pan with fry light, put in the cooled rice, make a well in the middle and break the eggs into it then beat the eggs and just as they are about to scramble stir them through the rice ... i sometimes add chopped spring onions and a teaspoon of chinese 5 spice for extra flavour .. yum, yum!

i cook egg fried rice all the time :) ... it tastes good with chicken and syn free / low syn sweet and sour sauce :)

this is the same recipe i cooked before starting the SW diet (except with frylight instead of oil) ... however 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil can be used as HEx B or synned

rice for egg fried rice:
cook the rice then leave in the pan to "steam" for an hour then run under cold water to cool it down. ... it must be cold when using it ... if you cook enough will last for 3-4 days in the fridge and can also be frozen

Egg fried rice: (syn free) - serves 2 (or 4 if being served with other things)
4 eggs
frylight
200g long grain rice
100g frozen peas (pour boiling water straight into the bowl with these for a quick defrost)
4 spring onions
1 red pepper
4 tbsp sweetcorn
100g bean sprouts (optional)
1-2 tsp soy sauce

* beat the eggs and leave to the side
* heat a frying pan or wok, spray with a good few sprays of fry light, add the rice and cook for 3-4 min till completely heated through
* add the peas, spring onion, pepper, sweetcorn and bean sprouts (if using). stir fry for 3 min, turning the rice constantly.
* add soy sauce. ... push to the front on the pan... spray the back half of the pan again with frylight, push rice to the back of pan, spray front half of pan with frylight
* pour the beaten egg into the front half of the pan, leave for about 10 seconds till it starts to set, mix it around in the front half till it starts to look like nearly set scrambled egg then mix into the rice mix.
* Eat !!

hehe the recipe i had originally was minus the peppers ... but i luv them :) ... already had this twice this week .... was testing the different s&s sauce recipes lol .... i don't uasually use beansprouts in mine though as i usually forget to buy them ! lol :D .... by the time i get to veg section when shopping i have had enough of shopping and just wanna pay and go home ! lol .... (its the last few rows in my local)

enjoy your rice! ... i'm off to make scotch eggs using HEx B of bread and WW sausages :) ..... BBQ for tea at local school fate so trying to be good for breakfast and lunch today ! :)

xxx

I steam my rice so there's no excess water to 'sludge' it. then I leave to cool completely (If I'm having it for tea, I cook it after breakfast) then when I fry it, I add the scramble egg (pre made) and peas and depending what I am having with the rice, some finely cut green chilli, chopped garlic and a little soy sauce...YUMMMM

Back