Egg fried rice-want some for lunch??

Id on't use the beansprouts in mine either, prefer those in a stir fry veg and noodles recipe for some reason.

yep same here, it always feels out of place in rice ! ... but another superfree if used :)

if i'm not serving my rice with anything and just having it as a meal on its own i like putting chicken in mine too :)

xxx

Same here lol.. I boil my rice with 3/4 the quantity of water to rice and then as soon as it comes to the boil, I take it off the heat, cover and steam it - absorbtion I think thats called, lol.. take me talking technical with my cooking methods, LOL. Always scramble the eggs first, then take out before stir frying the rice, then add the peas and corn, then the egg and soy sauce towards the end of cooking, chilli flakes. Then sprinkle the spring onion at the end and more soy (I love the stuff). Big it up for Egg Fried Rice!!!

yep same here, it always feels out of place in rice ! ... but another superfree if used :)

if i'm not serving my rice with anything and just having it as a meal on its own i like putting chicken in mine too :)

xxx

Mmmm, Special fried Rice with a little chopped chicken, prawns and more veggies. :17729:

My neighbour made a yummy one for me. I adapted it a little.

Put 1 c rice (I used basmati) in a saucepan of boiling water and cook for 10 mins. Then put in sieve.

Chop up some mushrooms, 1" piece of ginger thinly sliced into matchsticks and 6 spring onions (roughly chopped) and add to a pan sprayed with Frylight. Cook for about 5 mins until mushrooms are cooked. In the meantime, microwave some frozen peas in a little water and 1/2 a chicken stock pot or cube. In a separate pan, scramble two eggs and set aside.

Throw everything all together in one pan and mix with soy sauce and 1 tsp (2 syns) of sesame oil. YUMMMM!!

I've been stuck for veg to fill my plate when i have a curry been using plain boiled rice definately trying egg fried rice loaded with peppers, mushrooms and spring onions next week.

I make egg fried rice all the time! I find it's much more enjoyable when the egg in with rice and cook it up that way adding spring onion and mushroom! Give a dash of the light soy sauce and voila!! Bootiful! :D xx

Back