Egg fried Rice....

Magic Mummy

Banned
I've just posted my recipe for Slimming World Egg Fried Rice here.... It was a little dry so I'd really appreciate any advice on how to make it even tastier :D

I am a newbie, so apologies 1st incase I am being daft, but I can't find the egg fried rice recipe. I have a yummy one if you want??

Kx

I'm not surprised it was a bit dry as you didn't include any liquid. I would add some soy sauce and a tsp of sesame oil (2 syns) to give it a real chinese taste

Looks yummy! I always add soy sauce to mine too. You could also try crumbling an oxo cube into a couple of tblsp of boiling water to make a very thick stock and mix that in - I do that with my noodle dishes and it's delicious x

Hi what about making a curry sauce with this... Natural yoghurt and curry powder add to cooked chicken or prawns make sure pan that your using is cold before adding the yoghurt then heat slowly to stop curdling :) xx

When I make fried rice I always cook it then wash in cold water which stops it being a bit meh, fry it off with veg and egg, add 5 or 7 spice, some dark and light soy and 1/2 tsp sesame oil and a little lemon juice. it's all you need as its so good!

Ha! Yeh mine used to but u have to rinse it in cold water after its cooked and then it doesn't do that. It's better with day old rice that's been in the fridge as it dries it out a little x

No worries pet :)

Here is my version of egg fried rice, mine's with chicken.....

Pete’s Egg Fry Rice with Chicken

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 onion, sliced (s) (sff)
1 cup of peas (ss) (ff)
1tsp Chinese 5 spice
1tsp sesame oil (2syn /2=1syn each)
2 eggs (ff)
2tbsp of light soy sauce
2tbsp oyster sauce (2syn /2=1syn each)
150g long grain rice (ff)
150g pre-cooked chicken (s) (ff)

* Extra’s
100g beansprouts (s) (sff)
Dark soy sauce

Method

In a saucepan add rice & water with a ratio of 1part rice to 3 parts water, bring to the boil them simmer until the water is used up, remove from the pan and tip into a sieve, replace the sieve on top of the pan, cover with a lid and allow to steam for a few minutes, set aside & allow to cool.

In a small dish mix together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, Chinese 5 spice & sesame oil

Break the eggs into a small bowl, season, beat with chopsticks or a fork.

In a wok, sprayed with Fry Light, heat the chicken then add the onions & peas, cook together, (plus any extra’s) then add the spices & rice, cook for 5 mins.

In the wok move the food to one side and add the egg, whisk rapidly using the chopsticks or fork until it starts to set then mix with the rice & chicken, season, cook for 10 mins until well mixed and hot.

Serve in a warmed dish, add dark soy sauce if you want.

Egg Fried Rice with Chicken (Small).JPG

I put tofu in mine, and Chinese sausage, it's really good

Hi what about making a curry sauce with this... Natural yoghurt and curry powder add to cooked chicken or prawns make sure pan that your using is cold before adding the yoghurt then heat slowly to stop curdling :) xx

Love the sound of the curry sauce.. So simple aswell!!!

syns

hey, how many syns would this work out to be

thanks

Here is my version of egg fried rice, mine's with chicken.....

Pete’s Egg Fry Rice with Chicken

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 onion, sliced (s) (sff)
1 cup of peas (ss) (ff)
1tsp Chinese 5 spice
1tsp sesame oil (2syn /2=1syn each)
2 eggs (ff)
2tbsp of light soy sauce
2tbsp oyster sauce (2syn /2=1syn each)
150g long grain rice (ff)
150g pre-cooked chicken (s) (ff)

* Extra’s
100g beansprouts (s) (sff)
Dark soy sauce

Method

In a saucepan add rice & water with a ratio of 1part rice to 3 parts water, bring to the boil them simmer until the water is used up, remove from the pan and tip into a sieve, replace the sieve on top of the pan, cover with a lid and allow to steam for a few minutes, set aside & allow to cool.

In a small dish mix together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, Chinese 5 spice & sesame oil

Break the eggs into a small bowl, season, beat with chopsticks or a fork.

In a wok, sprayed with Fry Light, heat the chicken then add the onions & peas, cook together, (plus any extra’s) then add the spices & rice, cook for 5 mins.

In the wok move the food to one side and add the egg, whisk rapidly using the chopsticks or fork until it starts to set then mix with the rice & chicken, season, cook for 10 mins until well mixed and hot.

Serve in a warmed dish, add dark soy sauce if you want.

View attachment 76047

2 syns per person!

Back