Egg poachers

Gemma1986

Im just me!
Can anyone tell me which one is the best to have ?
The microwave one or the one that goes in the pan of hot water?

I use the silicone poachers that you float in a pan of boiling water. They're ok but not brilliant - easy to overcook. But a lot less messy which is good.

I don't like eggs done in the micro, they just don't seem to cook right!

I like the idea of the metal ring which sits in the pan, but I don't use one, I just stick the egg into the water and let it swirl all over the place!!

I would defo go for the pan one, i don't like eggs done in the micro, i find they always cook uneven or end up burned x

See, I can't be doing with messy eggs! LOL! I don't like losing half the white bits in the pan and thus getting half an egg. Whenever I try to do it in the water, I just end up with poached yolk :rolleyes:

See, I can't be doing with messy eggs! LOL! I don't like losing half the white bits in the pan and thus getting half an egg. Whenever I try to do it in the water, I just end up with poached yolk :rolleyes:

Lol, me too, though someone said if you put a tiny bit of vinegar into the water the egg doesn't come appart x

Those pods look really good. Am going to try and get some this week along with some butter buds too. Thanks for posting the link to these.

I put mine straight into the water too but my Grandma taught me that the water had to be boiling properly & you stop them from spreasing all over the pan by putting a teaspoon of vinegar in with the water.

Seems to work for me but I agree that your eggs have got to be fresh, old eggs will spread

I have a microwave egg poacher, handy to use at work, but the eggs can end up overcooked. At home I just lob the egg into a pan of boiling water, it's easier!

I used to have a microwave plastic poacher. Mine was rubbish, could never get it to work. It would pop open and spray egg all over the inside of my microwave!

One of my housemates bought me a proper egg poaching pan for my birthday, one of the ones with a disc inside and four little metal pods for putting the eggs in. It works really well, I'm really pleased with it - though the first time, I didn't realise you had to put the lid on, and couldn't work out why my eggs weren't cooking on top!

I also tried to steam rice once, and forgot to put water in the steamer. I'm a bit of a disaster with kitchen contraptions :p

Back