eggs and cholestorol....

yoyo1986

Hi all, i was just wondering does anyone know how many eggs is too many?

I know they are high in cholestorol(sp?) but i do love having ommlettes for dinner!

Dies anyone else worry about this? Obviously im not having them for breakfast lunch and dinner every day bit i would say i have them every other day as part of a main meal!

Any input would be helpful :)

Anna x

HI, im sorry i dont know tha answer but have found myself eating more than normal this week and was concerned there would be a problem with me doing so...hope someone responds to your question as it is a good one and probably one many have asked themself. xx

Thats alright, glad im not the only one!! Hopefully someone has an answer lol!!

Xx

I'm sure I read recently that the cholesterol in eggs had been found to actually have no effect on the cholesterol levels in your body?

Legomom said:
I'm sure I read recently that the cholesterol in eggs had been found to actually have no effect on the cholesterol levels in your body?

Hmm, i didnt know about that, i will have to look into it!!
Xx

Legomom said:

I saw a documentary not so long ago where a woman ate at least 1 egg per meal per day for 14 days and I think it increased her cholesterol levels by 0.1xx

I think that eggs got bad press a good few years back and we have worried that they are bad ever since. I'm not an expert, but I think that eggs are probably ok to eat regularly. I would hope that SW have the latest nutritional info and they would let us know if we needed to limit any foods.

I've been eating loads of eggs!! :)

I saw an article in a magazine where a woman had eaten 4 eggs a day for a month and it had no effect on cholesterol levels whatsoever!! When we were kids eggs were a staple food and none of us were fat!! We've all gotten fat and unhealthy eating processed food! I eat loads of eggs now and will continue to do so!!

Eggs are free food, and can be enjoyed without limit. Obviously implementing common sense is a good thing - you wouldn't eat a dozen in a day ordinarily, plan or no plan. But have them when you want, prepared according to the plan, and the number you have is entirely up to you.

Thanks for all the replies, im happy now and think i might have egg beans and mushrooms for dinner :) xx

I was worried about this as seemed to be eating a lot more eggs on SW. read in to it and I think you only need to limit if you have high cholesterol anyway!? I still feel it's something I won't be eating too many of for now x

So glad someone started this thread as I've been thinking the same. Love my scrambled eggs at breakfast but worry if I have an omelette for dinner too, so much so I only had 1 scrambled yesterday at breakfast then one at lunch time when I made my mushroom & tomato omelette.

Thanks for the information/confirmation it's ok. :)

How I understand it the cholesterol in eggs is different from the cholesterol that clogs your arteries. I'm a student nurse and when we do about diet we are told what foods we should be advising patients to cut down on and eggs is not one of them. In fact it's a really good source of protein. I eat loads.

How strange that i started this thread and i have just been catching up on the biggest loser and he was talkibg about eggs and said that as long as you are following a healthy diet the cholestorol in eggs will not have any effect, cheers Bob!! Lol

As I said on another thread elsewhere, you can find "evidence" that all foods and food groups are bad for you if you go look for it.

Meat, dairy, carbohydrates, fruit, eggs etc etc

If there was a limit, SW would put a limit on them. They don't.

Enjoy them, like all free foods.

jaylou said:
If there was a limit, SW would put a limit on them. They don't.

Agreed!

Eggs are prefectly fine for you, that's why they're Free on SW. I read in the latest SW magazine & Zest magazine (health & fitness) that they're good for you & don't affect cholestrol like people used to think.

I have two fried eggs on toast every single day for breakfast! Yum, enjoy.

I eat loads of egg and i do mean loads, when i have an omlete which is usually every other day i use 6 eggs! I know that sounds excessive but I like them really big and fluffy, I got to target last week and eating this many eggs has not affected my weight loss, dont know about my cholesterol but im at a healthy weight :)

Back