eggs

jayde1148

Gold Member
Hi all

Had a box of eggs that needed using, so have boiled them. How long will they keep in the fridge?

jayde1148 said:
Hi all

Had a box of eggs that needed using, so have boiled them. How long will they keep in the fridge?

I wouldn't use them after a week xxx

OMG I get through eggs like theres no tomorrow - we eat so many on this plan - they are my staple for so many meals - I would never have any left! If I did I would throw together a 1/2 syn cake to use them up xx

gettingfit said:
Will they keep that long?I usually have to use them up so I boil them and make 2 scotch eggs and the other 4 I either eat on my salad over 2 days or just eat them.If they keep for a week I can spread them out more.Or remember I got eggs and use them before the end date.:)

Sorry duplicate xx

gettingfit said:
Will they keep that long?I usually have to use them up so I boil them and make 2 scotch eggs and the other 4 I either eat on my salad over 2 days or just eat them.If they keep for a week I can spread them out more.Or remember I got eggs and use them before the end date.:)

http://www.netwellness.org/healthtopics/poison/hardboiledeggs.cfm definitely a week although my friend keeps them longer! My tip write the date on the egg to keep track x

Thanks x

gettingfit said:
You learn something every day as I didn't know you should wash your hands after handling eggs to prevent spreading any bacteria.I suppose I've never thought about it.Will be watching the chefs on tv now to see if they do.

That's why I shudder when people boils eggs in a pan of pasta!

That's why I shudder when people boils eggs in a pan of pasta!

I've never seen anyone do that, that's crazy. I don't understand why you'd do that at all (my pasta and egg pans are always full anyway wouldn't fit them both in one even if I wanted to lol)

I've never seen anyone do that, that's crazy. I don't understand why you'd do that at all (my pasta and egg pans are always full anyway wouldn't fit them both in one even if I wanted to lol)

First time I ever saw it it was on Can't Cook, Won't cook. And I've heard people say they do it to save time/washing up!

First time I ever saw it it was on Can't Cook, Won't cook. And I've heard people say they do it to save time/washing up!

I'll probably notice it now you've mentioned it to be honest. But I agree with you, its cringe worthy

o_O the heat kills most things..........

but I'd never do it lol.

jaylou said:
I do this!!! Or in a pan of potatoes! I do it to save putting another pan of water onto boil.
I'm still here to tell the tale......

:ashamed0005:

One of the reasons I shudder is I read about a woman who'd got Salmonella poisoning from an unwashed egg, and still years later she is suffering, I think she's even still contagious ( I could have that wrong though, it was a long time ago that I read it).
You're probably safe if you get your eggs from a supermarket.

I don't though.... I get them from a farm up the road!!! Cheaper and yummier, such bright orange yolks. Love them!

Back